1 Like

Gave it a wide berth as I have with all of the post-season games, fortunately

1 Like

Is football coming home this year? :rofl:

1 Like

Not for Peru it isnt :wink:

1 Like

Yikes - good job World Cup deferred

Did you see the Aussie keeper threw the Peruvian goalies list of which way to dive behind the hoardings? What you expect from convicts.

1 Like

he even looked like he had just stepped off a ship from England :wink:

1 Like

Champions League starts tonight

1 Like

Bit of a rant, I’m no great fan of Wayne Rooney but it does piss me off a bit hearing that one of the women who scored in last night’s close game is within one goal of being England’s highest ever scorer. I’d take a punt that if he had played against the same poor level of opposition that the women encounter in qualifying, he might have scored a lot more, see also Greaves/Charlton/Lineker etc.

Not sure I’ve ever seen such an easy route to the finals, god only knows what the remaining fixtures will produce but at least we’ve got past the tricky home and away games against Latvia.

3 Likes

I guess related to that it’s just generally how they will have news article headlines which don’t make it clear they are referring to the women’s team with headlines like “Man City sign England international” or “Smith gets England call up”, notably on the BBC. Even in the EPG for the TV schedule they’ll just list “England vs Sweden”, and I’ll be oh I didn’t realise England('s men) had a game.

1 Like

I’ve got two spare tickets to the Euro Women’s finals if anyone here wants them at face value?

if no one on here is interested, then i’ve a good friend from my cycling club who has a completely football mad 13yr old daughter who might well be interested…. let me know if they’re still available, and if its appropriate for you, i’ll ask!

Yes, they’re still available. Given how England performed recently, I suspect there’s a chance they’ll be there at the end.

1 Like

i’ve messaged him!

Well done West Ham…

we’ve bought another crock…

1 Like

You mean Aguerd being carried off or the ever imminent signing of Lingard.

the former…

although the latter really doesn’t want to come, does he?

1 Like

Lots of cryptic messages, photo of “chicken run” chicken shop saying if you know you know. Then something about “going where you are valued” … is that by the manager or by the offer on the table. I can understand stalling over money, it’ll likely be his last big payday and we are known to offer a fiver a week and bag of chips as a negotiation start. Not convinced he will be as good as he was either.

Scaramanga looks good but i guess half of Europe now wants him so more paper talk.

1 Like

I never understood why Lingard went back to Man Utd after seeming to really enjoy his time at WHU. He was playing regularly and the best he has for years IMO. A poor decision by him and MU I reckon.

3 Likes