Garmin questions

I’ve always pressed mine in the water - I’ve had my current watch since early 2019. Saying that it was a replacement for a water damaged unit

One of the best things about Form goggles is how accurate it is stopping at end of interval. Garmin is shockingly bad at this

The user manuals for the 235 and 945 both recommend against pressing the buttons while the watch is underwater

1 Like

I’ve got Mondays course loaded onto my 935. On my watch I have my ‘Trail Run’ main data screen to show just time and distance. I’ve never used. a map on the watch before. Do I add the Navigation/course as a data screen within my Trail Run options?

If not, how does it work on the day, do I need to "Start Map’ separately and then start my ‘Trail Run’? How do you easily flick from one to the other?

Thanks

On my 745 I select the run activity.
Then from there you should be able to get into a menu (middle left button for me)… Which had run settings, training and navigation.
From navigation you then just select what you want and “do course”.

You should be able to add a map into your trail profile as a separate screen.

One thing I’d suggest is trying the map locally and getting the zoom right for you. Might be a pain on the fly, and if it’s fully zoomed out it’ll be useless.

1 Like

Cheers mate. Luckily the course goes very close to my house. If I ‘start course’. somewhere on the course but not the actual start of course itself, will it jump to where I am?

You’ll normally get an option to “navigate to start” just say no on that.
It should drop you in the right place.

I’ve had better success doing it from the beginning (I’ve only used mine for walks)… Tho not tried starting one mid route on 745 (which has been much more stable than 645 I had previously).

It should work, and just mark you as “on course”. You’ll get a notification if you drift off and when you get back on course.

Excellent thanks. I might try it both ways. The course goes within about 200 mtrs of the house but I’m going for an easy walk today and the actual start is about 5km from here, so I can test both situations. :+1:

1 Like

Seems to work well. Takes about 20-25mtrs to tell me I’m off course. Stopped after a bit and did’ purse on reverse.

I assume the little red arrow is telling me general direction. What is is larger red stole doing?

Is that North?

I was assuming but a couple of times, that didn’t make much sense

Actually, looking at the pic on my Macbook, I can see the ‘N’ in the arrow, which I couldn’t see at all without my glasses on. :smile:

2 Likes

Why is my HR history from my watch not syncing to Garmin Connect (and therefore TP and Apple Health)

59? You need to stop stressing young man and give that little heart a break.

4 Likes

Fixed by removing device and re-adding it.

HR is elevated from the stress of Mallorca 🫣

What’s your RHR, @gingerbongo ?
Seeing as it beats like a hamster, if it’s under 45, then no wonder you can run like the clappers :joy:

2 Likes

Anyone any ideas why the graphs for my activities are suddenly not showing on Garmin Connect? You can still move your finger across to get the individual length pace/strokes etc… so the data is there, the graph is just blank.

EDIT - this seems to only impact my swims. My rides are still showing the speed and elevation graphs as normal.

1 Like

Mine have done the same last 2 pool swims and was going to post same question but never got round to it. I’m guessing it’s a system issue so probably get sorted in due course.
ETA Time looks weird on last night’s but wasn’t like that on first one and still shows an hour in overall stats.

1 Like

Ah great, at least it’s not just me!

Are yours still missing? Mine are showing up fine

I’ve got for the classic uninstall and reinstall the app action. Will see what happens with my next one.