Garmin questions

Maryka lost my 305 forerunner from inside her cap on the swim exit of IM Lake Placid, turned up in lost proprerty, so I still have the quality device as a backup for my runs…

3 Likes

Swapping wrists. When not working out. Does it matter?

I’ve tried double-watching one wrist, but it draws questions. Not sure if watching both arms is less ostentatious, but hey.

2 Likes

I have a Garmin 820 but due to neglect, the battery life is pretty limited…

Has anyone any thoughts or ideas on how to replace the battery or somehow expand the life of the current one?

If i don’t plan ahead and charge for several hours before heading out, it doesn’t last for long…

I changed the battery on my 800. Easily enough to do, battery from ebay and sure there will be Youtube vids.

1 Like

Just found this

Doesn’t look too bad to do but that guys finger nails stress me out though!

3 Likes

Thanks both…i can see me feking this up…

955 and 255 expected release within weeks.

1 Like

Ooohhhhh, do you have a link?

Nothing juicy, just that Garmin have listed the products on the US commission boards which apparently usually means imminent release.
There was a rumour about June 1st from a supposed leaked email, which does seem to fit now

1 Like

955 will be a (hopefully cheaper) version of the latest fenix. Interesting bit will be what they take out for the 255.

Well it finally happened, after just over 4yrs of ownership, my watch strap broke. Just the little band that tucks the strap itself in.

I guess I need a whole new strap?

1 Like

You can get generic little bands on eBay or Amazon and there’s enough stretch in them to slide over the buckle.

3 Likes

ooh great, thanks :+1:

1 Like

+1 Thanks! Not sure why I’ll need 6 though. I’ve just put up with it broken for 6-12 months. Didn’t even consider being able to replace it. Although I think I only paid ~£3 for the strap come to think of it.

2 Likes

If I remember right it was almost impossible (or more expensive) to buy one than the pack of 6, but it was a couple of years ago so may have changed.

Mine broke earlier this year. Contacted Garmin support for a part code as I didn’t want to replace the strap and they sent a pair of strap loops out next day delivery free of charge. Nice customer service.

5 Likes

I used a double upped thin hair tie when mine broke till I got the whole watch replaced after the battery wasn’t holding charge very well.

1 Like

Cheers. Ordered a pack of 5 from Amazon, should be here today.

My 945 has developed cracks on the sensors. I’ve emailed support and they’ve said “live with it”

We continue to evaluate reports of cracked HR sensors on our watches. The cracks are cosmetic and watches we’ve tested continue to operate normally. Cracks do not affect the water rating. Since the cracks are on the back of the watch, not visible during use, and do not affect performance, replacement or repair is not necessary.

Bit annoying because I know other people have had replacements :weary:

Proper cracks, or like this. This is the back of my 935.