Garmin questions

Hmm, struggling to see what you get for your extra £100 if you go for the 745 instead of the 255, except music, which isn’t something I’d want.

You can get a 255 music version and it’s still cheaper.

CONTACTLESS-NFC PAYMENTS
STRAVA SEGMENTS LIVE ON DEVICE
ALTIMETER TYPE
COMPASS TYPE
ANT+ GEAR SHIFTING

That’s about it.

1 Like

OK, so basically nothing that I want and the battery life is worse on the 745 :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I have a 6x pro, go for it, worth every penny.

2 Likes

The Fenix 6 is great, very functional. As an ex apple watch user though, the display is always disappointing.

I got mine at a big discount on Amazon Day last year and the next one is coming up in July so if you can hold your horses you might be rewarded.

2 Likes

Fenix/garmin doesn’t work with UK banks.

I will never understand the priority people put on battery life, but you are certainly in good company.

The 255 is likely all a triathlete really needs. But life is about wants too.

1 Like

That depends on the events you are doing!

1 Like

Well, no - race day is the least important day to track. That’s my point.

SBR times and distances all provided by the race organisers.

OW Swim - it lies anyway.
Bike - it’s annoying on a watch cause you can’t read it, a bike comp displays power perfectly.
Run - no watch on sale today cannot cover the slowest marathon.

“Simples”.

*If you exclusively do tri

1 Like

Not true. It clearly just doesn’t work with (any of) your bank(s). I have my santander credit card on my 945. Admittedly I don’t have any of my other debit or credit cards on it as none of the others are signed up

Not entirely true but broad enough to fit my standards:

Depends what you want to track. I agree with you when just thinking about the individual sports. But on two or three occasions, I’ve had full race time goals, and using multisport mode to track the whole thing has given me the extra added nudge to keep pushing when the going got tough by flipping to the overall race time page.

Admittedly you could achieve that with a casio, but it’s easier to have a single device for my strava uploads. I do separately use a bike computer for that middle segment, but start that once up to speed and don’t upload anywhere

2 Likes

You’ve actually just reminded me. Anyone can get a Curve card, for free, and then load any card you want into the curve app

I got a Santander credit card specifically because it does

1 Like

I have mine hooked up to Santander, works fine

Edit: beaten to it by some margin, Smug mode toggled off.

2 Likes

garmin 935 sxxt in open water mode :swimming_man: :no_entry_sign: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

As GB said. People doing multi day cycle events or bike packing, not just Tri stuff. Its another item to NOT need to charge if it can last a couple of days.

1 Like

John Lewis selling the 6 X Pro for £360 and the 6 Pro for £310.

2 Likes

That is an amazing price! I’d convinced myself that the 255 did everything I needed, but for an extra £10, why wouldn’t you buy the Fenix 6 Pro? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes