Garmin questions

6S hand to scale with pint glass, I’m a mens small/Med glove but average wrist… Useful for experimental women.

Man I’m looking dehydrated

3 Likes

Aren’t her parents mad?

2 Likes

I’m one of them.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Was going to say I’ve got a Curve card. Set it up over a yeat ago out of interest when I read about Garmin pay not working with HSBC, only just become useful now Ive got a new Garmin but works fine.

First day with the 955.

So far, big step up from the 935.

12 Likes

I see the Wahoo Rival is currently on sale for £225.

It looks like a lot of watch for the money, but I feel kind of committed to the Garmin ecosystem now, with activities on Garmin Connect going back to 2008.

1 Like

My club’s coach had a Fenix 6 that broke and Garmin were crap about fixing it so he tried some others but in the end went back to Garmin as stuff was just better with them. They have some annoyances but they are still the market leader and as you say all that data in one place is quite a lot to lose if you moved.

1 Like

Does Garmin detect and update its on max HRs?

I was looking at my easy run last night and notice not much was in the Easy zone so looked them up.

MHR

General 176 100%
Run 182 111%
Bike 190 100%
Swim 176 100%

It’s a setting, turn it off.

1 Like

Will do, not sure what my MHR is though. Will scroll back through the threads to remember how I set it before.

111% for Run doesn’t make much sense either.

——

Edit. I’ve noticed Run is set to percentage of LT. So it’s not updated it based on a MaxHR reading, but from what it thinks my LT is, which is at 164bpm.

———
Edit again

Argh. I’ve disappeared into the black hole of what-are-my-thresholds-anyway! I give up! :crazy_face:

I will simply trust the watch.

Thinking of doing the same. What are the big pluses you have liked

The problem with trusting the watch is that if you have any sort of HR strap / wrist HR spike problem it will lift your max HR to utter unrealistic levels and then start reporting even crazier metrics for everything else.

I’d ignore having it set all threshold stuff too…

3 Likes

Although I have seen spikes none of the levels have been raised up accordingly, so maybe it’s smart enough not to respond to those.

According to DCR there’s a software update for the hrm-pro strap that transmits speed and cadence data now, needs a firmware update and I missed the version number but mine says it’s on the latest version. But it might not have filtered through yet.

Could be useful if you want to use it for Zwift workouts

When I was walking through the One New Change shopping centre in the City yesterday I noticed that the fancy watch shop there was selling Garmin watches.

Do people really pay £1,600 for a Garmin? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Thinking about getting one of these.

How have you been getting on with it?

Yeah, it’s a good. admittedly I don’t use all the features, but it is a marked improvement from the 935.

Must admit that the solar charging is a bit of a gimmick, but the rest is very good.

If you’ve got the cash, I’d recommend treating yourself.

2 Likes

Nice one.

I ordered the non solar one earlier as I found a code to knock 15% off :slight_smile:

Hopefully getting delivered on Friday.

2 Likes

When you earn £1.6M pa…

2 Likes