Garmin questions

Battery health - Fenix 6Spro

Any way to check?

I seem to be charging mine everyday recently.

Traing Status has stopped working and it says I’ve been in recovery for a month.

Garmin support not so useful atm, they’ve said

all of that drives on vo2 max, if you have no vo2 max, you wont get the other stuff to show, ​
this boils down to you have recorded activities since the last one ​ that do not meet the requirements, and if that is wrong can we get the examples sent over for us to review

I’ve checked HR zones are correct and activities meet the requirements.

No swim distance being recorded.

:man_shrugging:t2:

Stopped the activity. Started a new one. Usually auto starts, but I tried manually lapping. No distance recorded, just time for the whole session and heart rate.

1 Like

Are steps being recorded still? Sounds like the accelerometer is FUBAR

This morning, yes, and my cycle commute recorded fine

Tried a swim in the office - nada*.

Tried a walk in the office - records distance :white_check_mark:

*A little romance language pun for you there.

1 Like

I continue to be impressed with this Garmin Enduro. I charged to full on Aug 14th. Since then done approx 29hrs of GPS with 6-7hrs of that on constant map display. I’ve also spent a load of time messing with settings.

Right now it’s still showing 45%

5 Likes

My garmin has just updated while i was in work. Quite weird as there’s no Wi-Fi and it’s connected to my (Wi-Fi only- none at work) iPad not phone…

Now I’ve got extra stuff like “training readiness” and direct HRV through the optical sensor.

Given that “body battery” thinks I’m a fake “AlwaysReady” import and the sleep score might as well say I just don’t, I’m a bit worried what the next stats will reveal…

I reckon I’ve got 3 days of waiting before training readiness declares me legally dead…

5 Likes

I just saw some kind of notification after an activity - any idea how you see notifications after the ten seconds before they disappear?

Bit of a tricky one this. I know how how to edit data screens for an activity and I have some courses also downloaded. When I select (for example) Ultra Run, I have 4 screens that I want but when I select the course and hit start on ‘Do Course’ it not only gives me the map but about 4 other screens that I need to scroll through before I get to my Ultra Run screens.

Is there a away that I can ‘Do Course’ and just have the map (plus my Ultra run screens) without all the other Course screens?

Garmin question.

My edge 510 is now lucky to last a return commute without a recharge so time to upgrade

Edge 1040 look good, but look massive? Are they really big in real life?
830, Still bigger than 510 I guess but any good? Bit old now?
Other options? Leave Garmin space entirely for Wahoo maybe?
Id like maps but apart from that the basics are all I need but the solar power did seem tempting or is it a gimmick

Love my 530. Maps loads better. Really like the climb profiles too.
Battery life was a great boost from the 520 I came from. No touch screen, but that suits me.

1 Like

Yer touch screen worries me also being as spend at least half the year in gloves!

When my 520’s battery crapped out in 2018 I bought a Wahoo Bolt - it’s been faultless since and battery showed 56% after last weeks ride in Tenby, that’s not bad considering it’s age I’d say

1 Like

Or you could just replace the battery

1 Like

I’d hold out a bit if you can, or borrow one from somewhere as the new Edge range 840 / 540 arw due relatively soon, probably at most by next spring, along with a new Elemnt Roam.

The climb features of the Edges are great but even better on the 1040 along with rerouting (if you use it for navigation) so may be worth holding out for more features and a longer life.

1 Like

Anyone else had issues with the wrist HR monitor suddenly giving out odd readings?

Last 2 days my RHR has been recorded at 12 beats lower than normal.

Nope. Looking normal here for the last week.

So I’m still rocking a first generation vivoactive (old skool!) and it’s absolutely ideal for what I need, but the battery is starting to go so in play for a new one. And even at its best it’s only 8-10 hours of GPS which we all know ain’t going to get me round an ironman if I ever do one.

Between my defence discount (DD) code and sales, looks like I have a few options.

I’m really not someone who has any interest in the deep dive data and clever features, suggested training plans or listening to music on it, but I do want it to have OWS (even though I know they are always a bit ropey) and multi-sport modes. So that rules out the 245, even though it looks a bargain at £140 with DD code applied.

The 255 seems spot on (and has £30 off with DD), but it’s still quite a bit more expensive than the Coros Pace 2. I’ve read a few reviews saying the pool length tracking on the Coros is terrible though which is putting me off as it’s always perfect on my vivoactive - anyone had any experience?

The 745 has £100 off with DD but it sounds like it’s got more than I need and is also being pushed out by the 255 so is less future proof?

I think typing this has convinced me it’s the 255 that’s the right watch for me, but if anyone has any strong views on the Coros that would be good. £80 is about 3 hours worth of heating innit.

1 Like

anyone had a garmin (specifically a 730XT) suddenly stop picking up any sensors?

HR/power/whatever - so has to be the garmin unit.

I’ve tried an ‘off then on’, and a factory settings reset, can’t find a hard reset anywhere.