Helvellyn

Wonderful as this is, we all know the excitement in September will be at the Cotswold 113

6 Likes

Ali B is also on the start list for WTS Hamburg the same day … interesting!

1 Like

Interesting indeed, he wasn’t on the Hamburg start list a couple of days ago so must have been a late addition. I imagine that will take precedence over Helvellyn!

I was thinking when I saw Ali’s name on the Helvellyn list that it was a shame Jonny wouldn’t be racing as he would be in Hamburg.

Hamburg is now the WTS World Championship, might have something to do with it.

2 Likes

Anyone know how they worked out the 28 minute handicap?

Using a mutant algorithm

8 Likes

23:03 now according to the latest email.
Shame if AB is racing the WTS event :cry:

1 Like

Word is that he is not, he has his eyes on the Helvellyn prize (and no doubt doesn’t want to miss out on facing off with big guns like @Poet)

“Thanks. They added that last night/today. They’ve upped number of starters & allocation, giving GB five slots. My understanding is he’s not racing Hamburg (nor is Tom Bishop), but not unusual for athletes to be subbed in/out late on as nations seek to retain their full allocation”

3 Likes

Cheers @r0bh :heart_eyes::mountain::running_man:t4:‍♂:champagne:

I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about a race!!!

It’s just a great feeling knowing time doesn’t matter and that I can just let rip :facepunch:t3:
I’ve not done a massive amount of training, it’s never been an A-race and I know I can easily get round without suffering a meltdown.

Also, no nutrition plan required!!!
Which is a huge bonus.

Although, if the weather is anything like what just occurred, I’ll be a very sad man :sob:

3 Likes

So if Skipper is in Davos he’s presumably not racing next week as he’ll be in quarantine?

Unless he’s flying back tonight. Or claims to be anyway :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Mmmmm :see_no_evil:

It’s genuinely looking alright!

I’m going to stop looking now.

Taking advantage of my time in Edinburgh. Just jogged up and down a busy Arthur’s Seat. It’s like a mini fell running playground!

4 Likes

14 day quarantine isn’t it?
Long trip for a cancelled race :rofl::see_no_evil::scream:

Some panic training for me!
First OW swim for 19 months yesterday, trail run today in the wind and rain (Roseberry Topping for those who know Teeside), and testing a loan bike tomorrow to see if I can ride it and manage the gears up hills, going to take it over to Carlton Bank as a Struggle substitute.

4 Likes

I was looking on Metcheck last night & it looked a bit grim. Looked again just now & it’s ideal as you say.

It’s almost as if they’re guessing.

1 Like

Nice work!
Know it well, lots of DH action back in the mid90s up there :+1:t3:

So…after Carlton, head down to Rievaulx/Helmsley, onto the A170, then up Sutton Bank, before heading back via Hawnby and Snilesworth.
That way, you’ll get 2*25% climbs in on a 50 mile ride :+1:t3:
Although, I’m pretty sure you could work Chimney Bank into that, too, for the triple header :smiling_imp:

Erm, is it the river Tee :thinking: (spelling Nazi :rofl:)

Would have been a bit breezy up there, reps up the incline as well, then run down for more practice.

Hoping to get out on the bike tomorrow, could be standing water in some places.

Carlton is a decent substitute though for the struggle.

Highcliffe and Roseberry once was enough. I walked down to protect shins, haven’t been running for past 3 months with a MTSS flare. Up to the grand total of 14 CTL after today!

2 Likes