IM Frankfurt 2022

Hey @Augustin - I’ve sent your post to @funkster :+1:t3:
Just removed it as mobile number and we don’t want the scammers to get you :wink:

Welcome to the forum.

We expect a race report on your return :+1:t3:

14 Likes

It’s not true what they say about you :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Who’s they @jorgan?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

It always used to be an in-joke that race organisers would always find a bit of the lake that was cold enough to make it a wetsuit swim. My first IM (Austria '06) was like swimming in warm soup.

Then one year Frankfurt took the radical step of making their race non-wetsuit and the barrier was broken and non-wetsuit swims became a regular thing in Euro IMs.

The water at Lanza in May is usually pleasantly “cool”, so if you want to do an IM and are worried about a non-wetsuit swim, get yourself out there :roll_eyes: :rofl:

5 Likes

people won,t go lanza as it a proper Sea swim ( full of sharks & jelly fish) :rofl: :swimming_man:

8 Likes

Don’t forget the RIP TIDES!

paging @Hammerer

5 Likes

strongest rip outside of the lake at IM Bolton

8 Likes

Is he (Carl Jennings) still knocking about, or has his flame burned out?

1 and done, disappeared off the face of the earth

2 Likes

Water still at 23.9, so 0.6 of a degree to go.

Thunderstorms on Sunday have now moved to 4pm…

3 Likes

That’s good!
You’ll be finished by then :+1:t3::facepunch:t3::biking_man:t4:

5 Likes

Didn’t he get an IM tattoo even before he actually completed one (which was Bolton iirc?)

L.O.S.E.R.

2 Likes

Well looks like I will be riding on feel as my PowerTap hub is dead.

Can kinda use HR as a guide but not ideal.

1 Like

Surely you know your dialled in power?

Plus, could you not buy some Assiomas or something and do a quick test on your turbo for a base line?

Well that’s kinda what I’m thinking.

Was only gonna use power as a ceiling.

I’ve messaged a buddy who lives near to see if he’s got any I can borrow for the weekend.

Have got some Garmins coming tomorrow, so can make the decision tomorrow night

My computer has also decided that the power button wants to disintegrate meaning I can’t turn it on without sticking something in the home. So that’s gonna be fun in T1

Was already feeling stressed enough but trying to remain calm.

9 Likes

I’m sure you will be fine from limited info I’ve seen your very experienced, very fit and ready.

We’ll take a cold snap now for two days :joy: 23.7 water temp this morning.

I’ve assumed non wetsuit now and settled on it, not sure how much it’ll add to swim time :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Still hasn’t gone up.

Wetsuit limit is 24.5 and it’s raining there tomorrow

I’ve seen your name in the 113 results a few times I think? (presumably different MP to the Dirty Sanchez bloke? who I know has done a few Tris)

1 Like

Yeh hopefully it’s sticks below the limit

Yes I’m a different mathew pritchard but I do live in wales and people send me stuff on social media every week of them mutilating themselves etc… thinking I’m him :joy::joy:

Ah I’ve had a shocker in the 113 last year or so my best race there was in 2019 I seem to have a curse there at the moment!! But keep turning up for some reason :joy::joy:

9 Likes

sorry about that :rofl:

8 Likes