IM Frankfurt 2022

Somebody here seems to have that affliction with Frankfurt! 2019 was my last 113, and my slowest I think; but that’s getting older I guess.

I don’t think this Forum is going to add much value for the ‘famous’ MP, they tend to hang out on Instagram etc.

1 Like

No worries yours are quite tame tbh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Did you do it that year?

Yeah home piercings and tattooing would probably be off topic!!

Yes, I did it 2016-19 and three Classics before that. I remember the good old days of wave starts and there actually being a hill on the bike course.

A ‘hill’

Yes, I used the small chainring and everything. There was also a nice fast undulating descent after it.

1 Like

a proper hill or an incline

I remember being in the front line of the mass deep water start at Frankfurt

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum :clap:t3:
Enjoy Frankfurt

Yeah - 113 in 2019 was my best ever half, too.
Not sure if I’ll get close to that time in a fortnight.

This. Only a ripple in the scheme of things, but enough to break the monotony and change position. Also a chance for better bike handlers to gain a bit.

1 Like

You not left for Frankfurt yet? I usually liked to arrive on the Thursday for Continental events. Allowed me to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a coupe of days before the event.

1 Like

Term time innit

Will get there about 5pm Friday.
I’m a moody bastard and will spend most of my time chilling in my room watching Glasto.

Saturday is a faff with split transition, so it’s about 3 hours to get that all sorted.

6 Likes

Yes the split transition is a complete PITA. Exacerbated by the lake being a pain to find by car, if you don’t know the area, plus you have to visit T2 in the city centre. Roth is better whereby you hand them your run bag when you drop your bike at T1. Then there’s the inevitable heat. It’s almost as draining as race day :joy:

Don’t normally drive to the lake as it’s usually manic there with general public, so shuttle bus it is.

T2 is fine for me as it’s on the way back to my hotel from the shuttle bus.

2 Likes

Head down arse up - sure you will

1 Like

Good luck all.

I Remember Frankfurt 2010: a great build up

• roadworks they had to add 5k to the bike
  • super hot we watched the water temp rise by day. Confirmed as non wet suit, at the time I’d never swum open water without a wetsuit so the practise swim c500m was the only non wetsuit swim prior to race day
  • 42deg on Saturday for racking and faff
  • Was the 2010 World cup at the time, and day before race was the Germany 4 Argentina 0 qtr final. It was not a quiet evening/night.
  • around 38 deg for the run on race day

None of that stopped it being a GREAT day.

9 Likes

When I went to drop the bike off I rode to the lake and got the bus back. I just used google maps and had my earplugs in! It did take me partly through a forest track though, on a P5 with a disc wheel :rofl:

Having said that, plenty of people followed me!

3 Likes

You’ve got Outlaw 2013 syndrome :wink::rofl:

3 Likes

Given my previous, I’m amazed I avoided the Medical Tent; probably because I walked/sat/laid down/stumbled the marathon in 5:31 rather than try to run it.

On race day that road back from the lake to the City was marvellous, fairly sure I was c25mph and barely tickling the pedals.

1 Like