IM Lanzarote 2023

going off recent years you will be able to enter up to closing date

yeah and finish was shite

1 Like

Worth complaining so that sort it out for future years

1 Like

i have & also made a point of thanking all the helpers out on course

4 Likes

That was the beauty of the Kenneth days, especially if you were staying at CLS - he was always very available and happy to listen to your comments about the race.

After the last year that I did with the old 4 lap run course I told him that I thought the run course was too congested with the increased entry size. He agreed and said that they were already looking into extending the lap out to Arrecife.

Is John Lunt (ex-Human Race and 2012 Olympic RD) still involved? I think in 2018 they’d just brought him on board as RD

4 Likes

Can’t find any reference online, should be in the 2022 Athletes Guide though (no longer on the IM site)

Yes, I’m bored.

1 Like

Google says that he got a job with the PTO in 2020 as Operational Support Director

Good then if he’s not involved with IM Lanza, he’d have turned it into a 30,000 entrant Sportive by now……

2 Likes

Fabio Cruz was the race director it seems

2 Likes

And as-if-by-digital-stalking I get an email from Fabio Cabrera, Race Director at Club La Santa this afternoon.

3 Likes

Fabio, what a great name :sunglasses:

1 Like

But is he as cool as Kenneth?

1 Like

Nobody is as cool as Kenneth - I mean, who else wears a bow tie to watch an Ironman?

5 Likes

Kenneth…the main man!

5 Likes

He is great bloke & will always be Ironman Lanzarote

3 Likes

Those tee’s!!! Most impressive.

2 Likes

This was day or two before Lanza 2019. I also remember him calling me out at La Santa at the race briefing the evening before the Volcano Triathlon in 2013 as I was the only one there with a beer. His words (over the mic) were “just one beer, OK?”

9 Likes

don,t usual buy all the look at me T shirts ,but splashed out 20 euro for 1 from ocean lava shop :grin:

2 Likes

If we are going with the Kenneth memories here is one of mine from 2016. He did shake my hand after every finish and was always happy to stop and listen to the athletes. A real character for the race.

3 Likes

Ahh, it’s not until seeing that picture I put 2+2 together and realised who you are @funkin
I’ve read your Kona blogs and sub 10(just) Bolton qualification(from some years ago now :slight_smile: )as inspiration to get me to the big island and finally got the KQ at Bolton last year… Kona Diaries 2013 | Rowe Running

5 Likes