IM Lanzarote 2023

Was eating in a PdC restaurant with my brother the day before IM Lanza a few years ago. Place packed, my brother about the only non-triathlete in attendance. Ken walks it, all heads turn, for some strange reason he walks straight over to our table, shakes my hand passes the usual pleasantries and then goes to the bar where he is immediately mobbed by the hoards. Truly bizarre.

7 Likes

Oh no, I’ve been rumbled! :joy: Glad I did a 0.000001% bit to help you on your quest to Kona. Well done on the KQ. Superb work.

4 Likes

Spent many an hour reading that, quite often between the hours of 9 and 5 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are there any other times to read blogs, but kit, post on TT?

1 Like

Only when taking a dump is inconsiderate enough to fall outside of those hours.

(Too much detail?!)

1 Like

Cracking stuff,

Just read your IMUK blog from 2013

Nice one, enjoyed reading that

2 Likes

Signed up for 2023 after a DNF this year. So it’s 3-1 at the mo (2004, 2014, 2015). I even finished 2015 with a broken collarbone after a big off on the donkey track.

My son is also signing up. He’s 24. Not swum since he was 16. Doesn’t have a bike. Or own a pair of trainers. But apparently he is going to “smash it”. He even flew out for a couple of days to look at the course. He looked at the swim and turned to my partner “fk me, that looks a long way”

Hotel and flights booked. Race entered.
New wheel ordered (with hopefully more robust spokes).
Training plan formulated.

2024 will (hopefully) be my 5th Lanzo and 40th overall and can then retire gracefully.

17 Likes

Lurching inexorably towards this.

Broached subject with Mrs TRO who was, surprisingly wildly enthusiastic and prices for a week at Club Oceano look reasonable.

Running out of reasons not to😀

9 Likes

We’re booked in again but for viewing purposes ONLY

5 Likes

You say that now…

8 Likes

thats souds a gud idea :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Ha ha, yeah. We all say that.

2 Likes

On the subject of Mr Gasque… had a nice long chat with him in the Fariones
Hotel where we were stopping. He has a book coming out in July and have filled in the Pre-Order form he gave me.

Not cheap (30 Euro plus 10 Euro Delivery) - but be an interesting insight into the event

6 Likes

@fruit_thief I’d consider asking for your money back, that bugger could swim that in a couple of days and she looks quite hungry!

6 Likes

Nooooo

What scale is that map? Tell me it’s like 1000km per cm. Please.

My plans are fluid anyway, may just sit all day in an Irish pub

3 Likes

Just swim near somebody slower and with more meat on them and you’ll be reet :grin:

2 Likes

nom nom nom

4 Likes

Ha ha! “Not far” is that bottom right corner Africa?

Yeah, That’s Africa

I’m seeing Newfoundland basin top left, so hopefully it’ll give Puerto del Carmen a miss

1 Like