Injury List- do any parts of you still work?

got my confirmation of knee surgery today - 25th May - with a pre-admission assessment on 10th May and then a PCR Covid test on 20th May.

This will be about a month after we’ve moved to Wales but at least it’s being done down there so I don’t have to travel 5hrs back to Sussex for what should be a simple 20mins keyhole op.

Knee’s pissing me off now - always there grumbling away and takes a time when standing to straighten the knee 'cos of the torn cartilage

8 Likes

Rolled my ankle 3 days ago and it came up bigger than normal. Still mildly painful to touch around the ankle. I’m wondering if I’ve done more damage than just a sprain. 3peaks in 3 weeks, will I make it :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’ve got an odd injury, one I’ve never had before.

I’ve had IT band issues for some time, but manageable. Can still run, albeit limited at 3-4 times a week with regular physio.

I’ve got an odd feeling on the outside of my knee, but lower down than the usual IT issues. It’s not a pain, as such, but more stiff. In the morning it’s hard to get going, but after the spin class eased off and doesn’t cause any pain during exercise.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

My knee keeps giving way unexpectedly every now and then. I have no pain at all when it’s behaving, but when it gives way, it makes me feel quite sick. I haven’t fallen/twisted it. I’ve been doing more walk/jogging than usual but not had any pain afterwards. Old age?

1 Like

3 hour wait in urgent care. Dr said finger is fine and my body will get used to it. Assume he means eventually it will stop being numb.

4 Likes

Sounds like Age Inn

1 Like

The body or the finger?

And where are they in relation to each other?

1 Like

The finger I assume

1 Like

one of the things you don’t want to do when you’re on anti-coagulants is catch your leg on some barbed wire and rip into the skin… :angry:

just bloody careless when walking the dog. Had to put a field dressing on it (scrunched up grass) and Mrs FB then wrapped a dog poo bag (sans poo!) around it to hold it in place.

Mostly scratches but one rip has been Steristripped and a dressing over.

#effingcarelessidiot

6 Likes

I just remembered I cut through the end of my thumb aost to the bone. It was numb for ages but fine now, years later. The scar doesn’t do the cut justice either.

And I need reading glasses :disappointed_relieved::man_white_haired:t3:

3 Likes

Yeah when i showed him he was like wheres the injury. I said its here. You can hardly see anything. I doubt it will even leave a scar.

Quite proud of the repair I did with steri strips.

1 Like

When injured, I find it hard to watch CTL wash away so quickly. And also, beautiful weather and I can’t make the most of it!

Sorry to hear this @d.t , but this is where my ignorance is bliss I had to Google CTL :joy:

4 Likes

Played basketball with my nieces yesterday, one of them trains with their city’s youth team and my brother in law is pretty handy.

Anyway, found one more way to injure myself. Not sure if broken or bruised

7 Likes

Used to do that all the time when I played - looks sprained.
Lollipop stick and some tape will fix it :+1:t3:

Anyways…no swimming for me for a few days :rofl:

1 Like

What have you done now?!

1 Like

Stuck his finger in the wall to plug that leak. :wink:

2 Likes

Millennial papercut? :wink:

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I did. 2 days and the swelling is going down. Still looks very bruised.

Yours looks painful too

1 Like

Trotted alongside my kids as they scooted round the block. 500m, no shooting pains or dull aches through my ankle/shin. Need to restrain myself but just maybe I can start thinking about running again…

12 Likes