IRONMAN Hamburg - Rumble in the M45 Jungle

I had to Google that! Tbh, I’m not going for a holiday; that comes in August with the family.

1 Like

We both adore Barcelona.
So that’s the easiest sell for me.
And also the easiest way to a sub10, from what I’ve read :wink:

I’ve a proper three year plan sketched out in my head.
First year will be complete with the 113.

This time last year, I’d rode a bike half a dozen times in five years.
My “long” ride was 40km, with an average speed of 26kmh. And that hurt.

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey

Does the plan include 180km of drafting?

1 Like

More like 160km :wink:

1 Like

From sound of things Poet you’d have a great chance sub 10 next summer rather than three years on any fast course, even Outlaw (possibly Lakesman if you want smaller local not sure how flat that is) and definitely if target Barcelona/Frankfurt?

Frankfurt has a propensity for being hot, and thus a few non wetsuit swims in recent years. The logistics are a bit of a pain too.

Defo Barcelona or Hamburg.

Ah ok. Unsure of courses, my point was more from some of the TTs and runs he’s posted recently he seems a lot further along the comeback than needing a three year plan!

1 Like

Totally. He’s practically plateaued already :wink:

1 Like

I’ve other stuff I need to weave around sporting endeavours…

Whereas, I’m pretty sure most of us here have to weave sporting pursuits around the other ‘stuff’ :upside_down_face: :wink:

I’ve finally booked some flights and my bike onto the transfer service today, slight cockup with the flights in that I somehow booked the one with a 7 hour stopover in Amsterdam, going to see if I can change that.

Flight back is from Dresden on the Thursday as I’m going to head there for the Tues\Wed.

Just need to find somewhere to sleep now, and start training :slight_smile:

8 weeks on Sunday, can’t believe it!

Jeff

2 Likes

Actually, do I get a small age grading percentage by being one of the oldest in the M45 cat?

Worth a try :slight_smile:

Jeff

2 Likes

Do I get dispensation for having two young kids? :wink:

Nope x2 :smile:

anyone reccomend best accom locations for either competing/spectating

I think we’re all virgins here, although Jeff did the Oly there iirc?

My friend stayed at the Steigenburger 2 years ago, which is about the closest for everything, but that has now gotten quite expensive, and Breakfast was a ridiculous surcharge, so I went Crowne Plaza.

The place where they have the pasta party and awards ceremony is the only remote location; in fact it’s a bit of trek from the race centre. These days I never go to the pasta parties anyway; and as far as the Kona Slot allocation…

Kids are a choice, old age isn’t :rofl:

Stiv, basically anywhere around the swim\transition is a good place to watch, it’s not that big an area, the bike turn point is at the north end of transition if they know when to expect you, and then the opposite side for the run.

The run is 4 laps so pretty much 8 chances to see you, there’s also lots of shops around that area and cafe’s etc. so they can go in there if they get bored.

I just booked an Airbnb last year, either stay central, or just look for somewhere next the U\S-Bahn and it won’t take that long to get in, they start early on a morning as well.

Jeff

So is that another name to add to the TriTalker list doing Hamburg? What AG are you? :yum:

Probably another (young) M45 to push me further down the pecking order :frowning:

On the plus side I managed a bit more running this week, still cutting it fine though.

Anyone starting to think of a target time, any sub 10 hunters?

Jeff

just trawling 50+