Joe Skipper

Automation of cars is still possible, and delivery vans are likely to be a primary candidate so there is hope yet. The law will need to increase the cost of human deliveries though, I suspect. I’ve heard these guys are often paid just a few pounds per package which is insane imo and makes the cost of automation harder to justify.

3 Likes

Approaching horses from behind I always shout “cyclist/runner overtaking” which the horse riders appreciate.

Dog walkers with their dogs on super long leads that turn into trip wires right across the path get my goat

3 Likes

I’d’ve thought cyclists riding along with goats on leads would be even more dangerous to be fair, but then I don’t know how well trained yours is.

2 Likes

Careful, Rob is in a gruff mood today.

2 Likes

Are you kidding?

I don’t know how this thread goat here, the amount of off topic is baaad

surprised we’ve goat away with it in this nanny state

One pun thread per day I think is enough?

Is that any better?

2 Likes

This thread is like one of those substitution puzzles. In best tritalk fashion.

How many moves to get from “Joe Skipper hit by van” to “horse does 20000 Watts at full gallop”, “dogs with extendible leads”, and “goat puns”?

Joe if you are reading this, well, I just hope you aren’t :man_facepalming: and of course hope you are OK after getting hit by a van.

10 Likes

stop milking it…

your just a bunch of kids…

7 Likes

Kind of related, he has dropped Quintana Roo and is now with Argon for 2 years

2 Likes

I watched part of one of his videos recently where he said he was due a new bike sponsor.

I could only watch less than 5 mins though as I find the bloke extremely irritating. Which is a shame, as its nice to follow the various athletes and at least his stuff isn’t quite the usual long line of product placement for their sponsors.

5 Likes

“Newport Veledrome” :thinking:

(…& shouldn’t it be Geraint Thomas National Velodrome of Wales?)

3 Likes

Disappointing that he’s got the bike the wrong way round, cranks not at 3-9 and the disc logo is upside down. Would have preferred a shot on the patio so we can rip him to pieces on the state of the shed, the weeding, pointing etc

11 Likes

What’s the piece of equipment hanging under the aero bars?

i was going to say a Wahoo mount. But those tri bars look like the new trend of being 'one’piece, so you wouldn’t be able to see it anyway.

Edit - started watching the video on YT. It’s one of these:

His PR team have made a booboo as well. Video of him on his new bike … in his old kit with Quintana Roo splashed all over the front! haha

2 Likes

Isn’t it one of those air speed power meters. Just going by the pointed bit at the front?

Some aero measurement device I think

1 Like

Right, makes sense!