Joe Skipper

Jeez, they must be akin to the Jimmy Saville Child Minding Co.

6 Likes

INAPPROPRIATE MUCH :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Is that frame way too small? Saddle seems perched way off the back of the seatpost and his elbow cups are 1/3 of the way up the aerobars?

If you imagine him on the bike in those positions heā€™s going to be massive compared to the bike.

Made me laugh. Dark humour init.

4 Likes

In the video he purposefully tried the extreme saddle position (way off the back) as a test to see what happened. The editing didnā€™t actualy give the result of the test so either a) this photo just happened to be taken after his last test and they hadnā€™t moved it all back into the preferred position or b) it actually yielded decent results and heā€™s keeping it? Not sure if that extended to the pads though, i just had it on in the background.

^^ itā€™s not unknown for me to make quips about ā€˜men in gold tracksuitsā€™ when I donā€™t want the kids to know what Iā€™m talking about.

Maybe there will become an Internet law, whereby someone will mention JS in an argument. Poor Joe!

This. 100%.

3 Likes

Plus another 100%. Very annoying individual

2 Likes

Really? I like him. I think his earlier stuff was weak but recently heā€™s picked up his social media game, and his tri game.

Itā€™s not very serious, which is a good thing right?

I think his ā€˜styleā€™ of videos and social media is alright. Its quite refreshing.

Itā€™s just the bloke himself I find super irritating. Itā€™s totally irrational, I just canā€™t watch it I find him that annoying.

Fair play

I donā€™t think his doubling down on the 330km bike ride whilst the nation was under practical house arrest helped him much.

The fact that his initial thought was to boast about it on Strava publicly, given the situation, shows a distinct lack of one or two things.

4 Likes

I used to rate Joe, but the whole Triathlon Mockery thing on SM is really grating and a bit ā€œlad-ishā€. Last one was filming and mocking an old bloke doing double arm backstroke in a public session. Noel Mulkey annoys me too

3 Likes

Not sure that training with a bunch of guys where he is clearly top dog is going to move him forward that much either

5 Likes
1 Like

There will be a few raised eyebrows at that news Bahrain Thirteen - Wikipedia

Different Bahrain 13 :+1:t3:

Still, itā€™s Bahrain :no_good_man:t2:

Isnā€™t that the point? Bahrain trying to make a websearch for Bahrain 13 point to a triathlon team rather than a human rights story.

3 Likes

ā€˜Sport washingā€™.

3 Likes

PR team still putting a shift in!