Lionel exploding in IM CDA!

No one would predict a meltdown of this scale

1 Like

Eel be back ling-ering around another race soon.

4 Likes

probably be a bit koi in his vlog this week

3 Likes

Itā€™s incredible though that despite a melt down, walking and losing an hour to Sam Long he still brought it home in 9 hours 11 minutes. I sometimes think pros are like another species

5 Likes

The whiting was on the wall early in the run. What will Frodo think on herring this news?

6 Likes

LS feels like Quintana in the way he gets talked about as a contender every year when reality is heā€™s fighting for podium spots at best.

5 Likes

CDA is at the northern tip of Idaho, sandwich between Washington and Montanaā€¦

US and Canada heatwave: Pacific Northwest sees record temperatures US and Canada heatwave: Pacific Northwest sees record temperatures - BBC News

:scream::scream::scream:

Frodo will be thinking he will conger this race and Sanders needs to stop carping on about it.

3 Likes

A Kona win is LIONelā€™s Moby Dick.

Have to say really thought Lionel had learned his lesson for this year.

Stories of super concentrated nutrition experiment, scorching out of T2 at sub 6 miles - all after a very good swim, and a bike that gave him a huge cushion over any threat to KQ.

You canā€™t deny the blokeā€™s entertainment value!

6 Likes

Lionels European tour, week 1 UK, week 3 Germanyā€¦

The way heā€™s going heā€™ll be eyeing up the Salty Dog(fish) Triathlon!

Is it okay for elite sportspeople to not quarantine still?

The rules and advice change more often than the health Secretary :upside_down_face:

I think there is paperwork and authorisation, but I donā€™t really know

Iā€™d go to Bolton to watch Sanders :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

I think Bolton might be a bit of a stretch logistically from northern Idaho this week!

Thatā€™s if heā€™s ever even heard of Bolton! :rofl:

1 Like

Bolton Ontario maybe.

Michael?

4 Likes

Possibly, but if that was just nutrition/heat he may be okay with no marathon in this legs.

Whatā€™s the pro field like compared to Frankfurt (another heat disaster) or Copenhagenā€¦Blumenfelt?

But LIONel has shown he can handle the heat: Kona 2017. He went 8:03!