NFL chat

@Adam

Thanks. That was actually awesome. I’ve always watched redzone for only a little bit and in concert with that website. I honestly didn’t realise what the fuss was about…

Now i do. The frenzy with which they switch to the close games as time runs out, and giants-bears was so close, as was the jags game, made it absolutely thrilling…

Cheers. Now bed. Sunday night ffs.

1 Like

Great stuff. Love me some redzone and Scott Hansen!!

Looking like another desperate season for the Giants with Barkley out for the remainder :cry:

1 Like

Steelers-Titans this evening live on sky.

Incredibly rare to have the 2 top ranked teams (courtesy current SI rankings! -as if they matter) play off on the early game.

Looking forward to this, Henry against the Steelers’ Defence. Last weeks Texans-Titans game was brilliant, and hoping for more.

Yeah some good games today. Would like to see the Titans win. I’ve a feeling the Steelers will come through though.

Pats, 49ers - Bucs, Raiders and Bears, Rams should be good also

Another narrow loss for The Giants on Thursday. Did anyone see Jones’ run? :rofl:

Remember kickoff for the early games is 5 today!

1 Like

Is it?!

Thanks for tip, I’d started on making dinner and thought I’d settle down and watch it afterwards…

1 Like

Got redzone on my iPad while i sort ours!

1 Like

Always the best week of the season, when our clocks go back a week before there’s. Happens every season. Arizona are in SNF, so will stay up to watch a fair bit of that now it’s only midnight.

And I’ll be dual screening as I’m a Rays fan, and the world series has been epic so far. Watching back last nights game this morning was so intense

1 Like

I need a good Wilson/Metcalf performance to give me the win in my fantasy league this week!

I’ll stay up as long as I can

Well you got what you wanted. And so did I in terms of the overall result! Ended up staying up for the whole thing. Surprisingly not too tired this morning!

(world series result was less positive)

Tyler Lockett was who you wanted last night!

Over 60 points - what a game!!

I completely forgot the guy I’m up against has Cooper Kupp so need him to have a quiet game. I think I’m going to lose the matchup by a few points though

Yeah, true. You sadly don’t get any points with Metcalf for the insane 90 yard, TD saving run down

1 Like

I know. He was like a freight train chasing him down

Good game going on on sky. Could go either way,

Watching Derrick Henry my mind wandered to dear old Barry Sanders…

Watched a highlights compilation that was so awesome I was laughing in places…

I love the comments below, particularly guy mentioning wearing out B button on his mega drive. I remember playing Madden at that time, reckon the B was for the spin move! That’s all we did, try to spin Barry all the way to the endzone…

Happy memories…

Derrick Henry is an absolute animal.

He’s the size of a linebacker and seems to get stronger throughout the game. He picks up so many yards in the 3rd and 4th quarters

Fortunately I’ve got him on my fantasy team - 22 points and counting. And boy I need them. 3 game losing streak :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well he is wrecking the much vaunted Indy defence right now so I’d say you’re golden!

1 Like

This season, I’ve mostly been watching…

John Madden – A Footballing Life – YouTube
I read his autobiography many years ago, as he was one of my favourite commentators.
Turned out that he had invented most of the things we take for granted in TV sport today.
(E.g. Small graphic showing teams playing, the score, time left.)

NFL Show on BBC1
Real shame that Mark has stood down & that Dan will not be there for the Superbowl.
(As he doesn’t work on Sundays.)
But I am still a big fan of Osi & Jason.

Monday Night Football on Channel 5 – Which I record.
Although, even fast forwarding the talking heads, still takes a few days to watch the game.
(As I don’t seem to have the spare time to watch it all in one go.)

NFL Films ‘All or nothing’ – Amazon Prime
Again, that has taken me a very long time to work my way through a bit at a time.
(Usually while having breakfast when there is no one else around to complain. :wink: )

The Draft – Amazon Prime
A Kevin Costner film that was a better than average sports movie.
(No Oscars were going to be harmed in the making of it.)

I don’t know what I’d do if my NFL watching was not dominated by “7 hours of commercial-free football” (aka redzone) each Sunday.

1 Like

Yes. Need to get round to watching more seasons of all or nothing. I’ve only watched the first one with the Cardinals - was a good season for them. Carson Palmer had a great year, David Johnson, Freeney and Matthieu.

Seems like a long time ago that the Cardinals were in the playoffs!

Fucking Giants getting humbled by the Cardinals this evening. Pissed me off no end

Try being a Bears fan, shite all season then WTF tonight.

Where’s our bloody defence been hiding all year? What’s got into Mitch? Ffs. Too little, much too late.