Nike Zoom Fly/Vaporfly 4 and NEXT% - The Thread

freak :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been a 9 across all the Nikes I have

2 Likes

Your psychiatrist must be making a mint selling books based on your shoe fetish.

I have just rolled mine out of winter storage. Think Ive only got 2-300km on them. Will use them to protect my ego on track nights…

If you’re a big footed freak there are some size 13 & 14 Streakfly on the Nike site.

I’ve also clocked some Vaporfly at £143 which is very tempting. It’s my birthday in April… does anyone know of the Vodafone discount can be stacked with a birthday discount? :smiley::roll_eyes::joy:

As mentioned on here a bit. I’ve actually found Keller Sports have alot of stuff cheaper than Nike direct does. And I have a link for joining their 10% discount and free shipping program thing which is only for 6 months (so its half price) rather than 12 so make its pretty much worthwhile doing if your spending more than about £60. You can cancel it very easily too.

Thank you and damn it!!
Last pair of super shoes I got was October 2019 and thought I could hold out till the end of this year before getting another but this pushed me over the line. Pair of Next %2 for £146.40

2 Likes

Dang, got this from the club today:

“ Alert to PWR Grand Prix runners at this Sunday’s Mels’ Milers 10k.

Following UK Athletic’s recent decision to ban running shoes using carbon plate technology e.g. Nike Vaporfly Next%, from their championship races, the PWR GP team has decided to extend that to PWR GP events, commencing this Sunday’s 10k in order to promote fairness in the competition.

Any PWR who does run in carbon plate shoes will have a 4.5% time penalty added therefore in order to equalise performance with those runners in standard running shoes.”

You know what day it is right?

1 Like

Shhh!

1 Like

:rofl:

Hmm, I think I might have joined @Poet on naughty list. It’s my birthday in April and I’ve not been emailed my discount code yet. Sending back those (worn) Streakfly probably did it!

3 Likes

Credit to Bozza on a Brighton football forum I frequent for this one. Alphaflys in the brand new colourway can be picked up for as little as £115. Listed price of £134 and then a few discounts, as follows. Only available in up to size UK 10 now. It’s probably for the best I procrastinated last night when they had it in my size.

Sign-up to their newsletter, which will get you a £10 off voucher - KELLER SPORTS | Best. Sports. Products. Innovation. Design.

Sign-up for 6 months membership for £3.99 - KELLER Premium: save 10% for 6 months [UK]

You’d get the shoes for £121 - £10 discount = £111 + £4 membership fee = £115.

5 Likes

Yeah probably for the best my size is gone…

Has anyone any experience of the Nike Rival Fly 3? They are on Keller for £50. I’m looking for something I can use for shorter quicker runs 5-10k, and in sprints/aquathlons/duatlons etc…

At the moment I only have one pair of trainers (I know that’s bad!) and they are Cumulus 23s, so heavier cushioned daily trainers. I’d like to now try and save them for picking up the miles when my ankle sorts itself and I start training for London. And in the summer I’ll make an investment in alphas/vapors/endorphin speeds for marathon race day.

Are they a false economy at that price, I think they are Nike entry level, or will they do a decent enough job? The Zoom Fly would be £80 which I could just about justify, and £100 for Tempos, but reception on here seemed to be pretty mixed.

After getting a bargain on my Alphaflys with Keller (they are the best ! ), I’m now biding my time for a pair of Vaporfly in Orange to add into the rotation. Nearly bit at the white at £136, but holding out with a little patience.

Keller Sport have Streakflys in stock in most sizes right now.

4 Likes

Ok guys, looking for some advice.

I’m loving the alpha flys - perfect shoe it seems for all my distances.

For speed drills etc I bought some Hoka Rocket X’s but they’re not cutting it. The fit is wrong and I get underfoot blisters.

I’m thinking of replacing them with a pair or tempo next % but don’t know a great deal about them - does any one use them for drills ? Are they suitable and what is the sizing like please ?

TVM

I have a pair of the Tempo’s and use them for my tempo runs and find them really good.

I have them in the same size as my Alpha’s.

You would be best off getting a pair from the Nike website then you could always send them back if they didn’t suit.

2 Likes

I have some of these. Was unsure when i bought them last autumn as they were quite pricey, but a few on here recommended them. I flippin love them.

Did all my (limited) mara training in them, and they’re my go-to every time at the mo. I have to force myself to grab the older Pegs on <1hr runs as they still have a good few 100 kms left on them, so don’t want to waste them.

Anyway, i run short, long, tempo, speed - all in these shoes. I think they’re really versatile and easily my current favourite shoe.

As for sizing, as i always say on this thread, for me i am a 9.5 every single time - VFs, Next Tempo, Next 2s, about 8 pairs of normal pegs. As per @TriCurious deffo get them from NIke initially to check for sizing.

2 Likes

Also love them and are my go to for all my runs. On my second pair now after putting 1000km on them. Kellar have some good deals on them too.

2 Likes