Nike Zoom Fly/Vaporfly 4 and NEXT% - The Thread

mine (probably … i think)

Just get down to your local track and run 12.5 laps :+1:

Imagine running in VFs on a track…you’d be spending more time going ‘up’ than actually making forward progress :sweat_smile:

I’ve used them on the track for intervals. They’re fast. A girl in our club (came 2nd from the mass start at London) ran in the British 5k on the BBC, and she was wearing them for that.

Did she have the spiked ones, like Gwen Jorgenssen did?

I don’t believe so, but don’t know for sure. She’s not a GJ level of athlete however. I imagine she just bought them herself!

when I went to the night of the 10,000 m PB’s at Parliament hill there were quite a few wearing VF’s in the the A race…

OVERTIME15

15% off most full price styles.

You’re welcome.

4% and Zoom arrived just now…won’t open until Christmas! :cold_sweat:

Delivery guy had arrived ten seconds early, so we had to wait as the countdown reached zero before I was allowed to sign for the package!

1 Like

£187.56 at today’s exchange rate using a no-fee card :+1:t3:

5 Likes

That’s still 3x what I’m prepared to pay for a pair of pumps :joy:

4 Likes

The fabric around the heel looks interesting - a bit wavy. Has anyone had any issues with this in racing/training?

I’m just surprised how much £ people are putting into certain pieces of kit. It’s like Nike have hypernormalised the running shoe market with their version of heroin.

2 Likes

Had to open up the package to check they fit…the upper is so lightweight I’m wondering how tight is normal for the 4%s?

I’m definitely squeezing in, toes just about okay but I have a (short) wide foot.

I got Zoom Pegasus 35s in the same size which feel quite snug, but not as much as the Vaporflys.

Always size-up for VF 4% (but only these iirc?)

1 Like

I wear UK8 in zoom fly flyknit, vaporfly 4% flyknit, and vaporfly NEXT%. The toe box is more roomy in the NEXT%, but I actually feel my toes occasionally hitting the ends of them more than I do in the 4% (which are touted as being a fraction smaller and some people need to size up). The suppleness of the flyknit upper means even if you are near the end of the shoe, it’s not like crashing your toe into the end of a normal running shoe toe box.

General width I can see being another matter. If you have super wide feet, then the flyknit will give quite a bit, but I can see that it might feel slightly “compressive”

1 Like

This is what I’ve been saying for ages!

Well Mrs FT just found out I blew £147 on a pair of shoes. Not pretty. Tried to explain this was 30% off and therefore a bargain, but she was having none of it.

Can’t even play the Christmas present card, having deployed that already on a Garmin bike computer back in the summer.

How do other people manage their Finance Directors?

1 Like

By being the finance director :wink:

5 Likes

What, as well as being Vice President for lawn maintenance and Chief Operations Manager for putting out the bins?

1 Like