Nike Zoom Fly/Vaporfly 4 and NEXT% - The Thread

Stenard is in London. He ain’t got no lawn :wink:

My wife would not be impressed if I bought a pair. Esp if she knew how little mileage I would likely get from them. My trail shoes tend to sit at around a ton, and that’s enough for me. I can at least justify that in terms of hours and hours of running that I can get out of them.

Just make sure you don’t say no to the next time she wants to buy a dining chair, or chainsaw or whatever she’s into! Haha

2 Likes

Luckily we both put money into a joint account and go 50% for house stuff etc., then what’s left is our own and we (I) can spend it on whatever I like! Assuming there’s actual space left in the garage for another bike :roll_eyes:

Although she doesn’t have a car and I ferry her about to places, luckily she works about half a mile from me so can have a lift most days.

TBF, she’ll probably retire before me though despite being younger :frowning:

No. of sub-59:15 half marathons since 2015 by year: 2 / 2 / 5 / 8 / 13. Interesting reflection on progression over past two years.

Credit:

Nothing to manage. I’m always surprised at the amount of hiding/begging/grovelling folks on here have to do when it comes to buying stuff or applying for a ‘pass out’.

When you chose your spouses did you think, ‘hmm who do I want to spend the rest of my life that will give me the hardest time possible?’ :laughing:

I don’t chop and change gear much. I try and buy quality, ride/wear the shit out of it and when something needs replacing I say to Mrs FP, ‘I’m going to buy this, it will arrive on x day, will you be in to receive it?’

and she says ‘Yes’.

Then we discuss what’s for dinner. :+1:

3 Likes

Fibonacci sequence!

1 Like

What are thoughts on Zoom Pegasus 36, they are 60% in my local sports shop, was thinking about a pair for training

Not used them myself but have just bought a pair of the trail version that should be delivered today/tomorrow… Going on holiday in a couple of weeks where we will do a lot of walking around - these seemed to fit the bill as i can then use them for running whilst away as well without having to carry two pairs of trainers round.

60%? That’s awesome - are you sure they’re not the 35 version? I was looking a lot over the past few days (though admittedly in the US) and couldn’t get anything like this kind of discount even with BF/CM offers

I just received my birthday discount code from Nike…it makes the NEXT a more tolerable option as long as they have my size in.

1 Like

I’ve just bought these Pegasus 36, I call them my marmite boots.

7 Likes

Too right!
:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

We’ve been trying to decide what colour to paint the back wall in our lounge room. We’ve got all sorts of test patches on there and it looks like a kid high on sugar has found the paint cupboard.

Can’t imagine why I suddenly thought of that…? :laughing:

Forget these leaderboard & yearly training total threads. I want to see a list of what some you have spent on Nike shoes in the last 12 months. I betting some of you will be grimacing if you add it up.

I will play, and say I have bought 2 pairs (ZF FK & VF4%) which I expect to last well into next year for the ZFs and the VFs will last all next year too. £256.

Time to 'fess up.

1 Like

Absolutely zero.

Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit

£55.58

one full price zoom fly
Blue bargain £55 zoom fly
Another pair of blue zoom fly for the wife
4% at £102

So yeah just over £300 :flushed:

Why would you ask such a question! :flushed:

It started for me with the original VF FK 4% pair I bought in the 30% off storewide black friday sale last year. I think that might have been what started the thread on TT1.0? They were my first pair of Nike runners ever. Since then, well…

Nov '18 - black friday VF FK 4% - £146.96 (200km on these)
Apr '19 - discounted VF FK 4% - £167.96 (when I thought they were being discontinued after the release of NEXT% - still new in box)
May '19 - outlet store ZF SP - £52.50 (70km on these - mainly used for club track)
Jul '19 - discounted ZF FK - £55.58 (already retired with >660km on them)
Jul '19 - nearly new ebay VF FK 4% - £65.48 (in my size, so why not. Used these at the 70.3 Worlds)
Oct '19 - Poet’s discount code for VF NEXT% - £215.95 (55km on these)
Oct '19 - second pair of discounted ZF FK £55.57 (already have 125km on these)

So a total of precisely £760. Bugger me! :see_no_evil::joy:

Then again, I’ve not really bought anything else this year. No major bike purchase. No new wetsuit, or anything like that, so in the grand scheme of things, probably a light year in terms of equipment purchases! And it kind of makes sense in a heavy year of running, as per the 2019 annual stats thread.

4 Likes

Ha ha ha - pales into insignificance to other spending :wink:

4% @ £210
4% @ £176
Blue fly knits @ £56
Zoom Fly SP @ £38

My Zoom structure are over a year old.

Total £480.
About a tenth of the price of a medium Chanel Boy bag.

1 Like

In the summer - Blue FlyKnits @ £55 - My favourites.
Last week - Structure 21 @ £51 - These might go back.
Last week - Pegasus 35 @ £51 - Not tried them yet other than walking around London.
Early next year will get some Next% for marathon :grinning: