Nike Zoom Fly/Vaporfly 4 and NEXT% - The Thread

Used std round elastic laces in mine for the Outlaw & they were fine, much of that run in on gravel too.That was my first run in the shoe, anyone noticed their heel sore after a long run in them?

I’m using std round elastic in mine too. Tbh they only need securing around the heel. But as I said, I’ve only done 4.98km sockless in mine so far :slightly_smiling_face:

I had the fastest run split by nearly a minute though - so yet more confirmation of the magical powers :wink: (nothing to do with all my training)

How comfy are they without socks?

Just got some zoom fly SP’s (not flyknit) in the King’s Cross outlet store for £52.50 as they’re running a 30% off promotion. I did have to size up 0.5. The 8s which I have in vaporfly, just felt a bit too snug.

They were perfectly fine in a sprint Tri.

They’re good!
I have a pair of those for faster training.
Though I paid £37.50 for mine :wink:

for those concerned about heel wear I purchased a tube of shoe goo and smeared a protective layer or two on the heel. After my Standard Tri at the weekend (2nd fastest run only bested by someone 15 years younger) the only wear was to the goo layer.

Right. This thread has convinced me i need these shoes in my life. Anywhere selling them cheaper than the eye watering retail?

Got mine BNIB on eBay

1 Like

Will have a gander. Wouldn’t of thought of eBay :+1:t2:

cheers Doka…

Be VERY careful of fakes on eBay. Fake sneakers can look pretty good from a photo. I was in Asia a few weeks ago and in a “definitely real” shop (according to my son), and I managed to compare a pair of high end Adidas on the shelves with what I had on my feet… the fake in the store was very, very well done, but three or four give away differences, and the actual materials are not the same even if they look similar. In a shoe that is being bought because of the material science, a fake is effectively worthless. So be careful! If the price makes you wonder how they are able to offer them so much cheaper than other retail outlets, it either means you have found an idiot online who doesn’t know what they are selling, … or you are the idiot (if you understand what I mean, not trying to be rude).

If the shoes are remotely close to as good as we think, are we effectively saying Kipchoge is no better than Kimetto, Kipsang, Bekele, Mutai? All ran low 2:03:xx 2014-2016, Kipchoge now 2:01:39, so 90s over marathon seems reasonable to be all shoe related?

Surely a run in them will instantly tell you if they’re bogus. No PB = fake :grin:

(I paid serious £ for mine, even though heavily discounted from RRP and from a proper business in the UK). There was a pair on there last week, where a guy said he believed them to be potentially fake (bought in a shop abroad). They went for £80 iirc.

Yes, had a brief look on eBay - a lot of crap to look through and even people selling the for more than the rrp!

Will keep looking

I have literally just opened my box from Nike. Very light. Very bright colour. Not going to wear them tonight, but will run this weekend to test them out.

20% off at Nike at the moment with code MAY2019

2 Likes

Any news when the Next% is out?

Nope.
US had a limited release for users of the NRC App.

I’ve signed up and downloaded the app, logged a few runs on there and signed up for the email alerts.
Hopefully they will Be out before the 113!!!

Clutching at straws now then :smile: The run course doesn’t lend itself to any advantage with this sort of shoe anyway. You’ll see.

1 Like