Nutrition for Tinpot Poets

Too much coke?

Wine gums :see_no_evil::rofl:

Overrated vestigial bonelets.

@Hammerer I hadn’t missed this thread but didn’t have anything to add before.

I don’t disagree with the above but as you said it’s still a oversimplified. The impact of the type of food and when you eat on hormone levels which control hunger and satiety play a huge role in helping people eat fewer calories and there are some pretty convincing arguments that the insulin spikes and build up of insulin resistance have a sizeable impact on your metabolism and ability to process sugar and therefore impacts CICO.

Ultimately, the message to eat healthy whole foods, don’t eat late at night when self control is less, reduce alcohol and other empty calories is all most people need. However that message doesn’t sell book/products and a lot of people delude themselves that they’re eating healthily.

2 Likes

Nuts.

I eat a lot of them now, generally before a meal or as a snack. They are full of fat and of course protein. I believe they have helped to flatten the insulin spikes, and reduce hunger; particularly after my huge bowl of banana porridge :sweat_smile: I ‘fast’ now as well, 14h overnight at least 6 days a week.

I haven’t put on any weight despite all those fatty nuts, in fact I lost a couple of kilos, and it’s stayed there.

2 Likes

I have trouble with nuts, I could eat a day’s entire calorie intake in one sitting

6 Likes

Isn’t it wierd that people have a nut allergy to a legume?

What sort of nuts are talking here?

I need a healthier snack replacement

Walnuts, cashews, almonds?

Much like @Hammerer i suspect I would instantly devour handfuls at a time

Blend up dried dates with cashews, almonds, chia, coconut, cacao nibs and make balls. It’s easier to just take 1 or 2 than nuts where you take an unspecified amount.

1 Like

Mixed nuts from Lidl or Home Bargains. Contains all the above, plus Brazil nuts in the HB bags.

1 Like

Screwfix M4, M5 and M6 mixed tray.
F’ing delicious.

Can’t have many of ‘em like.
Bit tough.

5 Likes

Full of iron though

5 Likes

Its his only way of becoming an “ironman” (ouch too soon :wink: )

8 Likes

I think they would screw your guts up, especially if you bolt them down.

4 Likes

We should end the thread here

5 Likes

Nah - love it!
Especially @mw22 ‘s on the day commentary for me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shouldn’t dole it out if you can’t take it back :+1:t3::clap:t3::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Love the puns :rofl:

(Sorry for unscrewing the thread)

1 Like

The volunteer gave a proper “ooooh” on the Gok Wan comment.

3 Likes

Right, bringing this back on track.
And to stop other threads being derailed :joy::face_with_peeking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@jorgan & @Mungo2 …

Started the 16:8 last Thursday, after Mullet Man mentioned it the previous day, so nearly a week in now :white_check_mark:
Been going well, just starving for around four hours every morning :face_with_peeking_eye:

I doubt a brief 1500m swim stretched me in anyway.

Same as I wouldn’t eat before an hour ride to work. Or a 2.5hr run to work :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:
I’d never call that “fasted” or anything - just time efficient :person_shrugging:t3:

My body has enough fat to use if it’s that hungry :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus … coffee = appetite suppressant :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Straight in there eh! I did 10/14 for a few months first. Like I said; you getting up so early and exercising will make it more challenging too.

2 Likes

I’m a simple guy.

I can’t ever remember not eating on purpose after physical exercise for decades.

Did it once in the Army as a test ( we cheated and stored rations ! It was still unpleasant at times)
Your body literally clings onto its richest food source ( fat) as it goes into starvation mode.

16:8 works dramatically well for virtually everyone who’s tried it, some of the results were mind blowing ( most weren’t trainers like us though) never really heard of exercise at any other point other than at the end of the 16 then straight into calories.

To exercise at 13? Then wait another 2? I’m not sure how sustainable that is long term, but I’d be interested to hear the results.
Your a good athlete you’ve just got a touch heavy, Stick at it!

2 Likes