Outlaw 2019

Yes. It appears to be conveniently left blank :partying_face:

1 Like

Did he not ride a 2:11 70.3 bike split in the outlaw half not sure if thatā€™s the fastestā€¦!

Not sure itā€™s the same/ similar course?

I think Kevin Dawson ex tt star rode a few full distance bikes in very fast times there ā€¦

Ha ha ha :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not for me chap!
Your run last night was pretty rapid! Get some tapering done :+1:t3:

So whatā€™s the scoop with you? Youā€™re doing a fair bit of trainingā€¦like you have something planned this summer.

1 Like

Just ā€œgetting it inā€

If I get it in now, then during our New Year family pow-wow, when I drop the IM-Bomb, I can confidently state that it wonā€™t be any more training than what I did last year :smiley:

Chester Marathon or Manchester Half Marathon in October are the only things I have planned in.

Biking is way way behind where it should be - doing fairly regular sessions, just lots of short ones.
Not done any rides over 95km on the TT bike, but done a lot of rides over 100km since the start of the year on the road bikes.

Iā€™d love to get your last training block down - that was a quality 6 weeks youā€™ve had since the 113.

Work made it a lot more achievable i.e. I could swim lunchtimes right across the road, do my long run home and ride to work. The lake is a 5 min drive from work, which I go to on the way home Fri pm. Convenience can make the ā€˜logisticsā€™ of training much easier without impacting much on family/other life. For me the only real impact was the long ride, which I mitigated by going out at 6am Sunday.

I find the further-out you mention entering a big event, the less resistance youā€™re likely to getā€¦as itā€™s ages away and the reality of it doesnā€™t loom large. If Christmas sits between your discussion & the event, then even better :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yes, had planned on a super easy 10km but I get home late. Boy goes to bed late. So on and on the evening goes!

One more hit out on the tt bike I think. Try and avoid the fast/hard club ride on Sunday then Iā€™ll just try to do something everyday but just pretty chill.

1 Like

@Poet is like the real life TT gatekeeper. Heā€™s got his eyes on all of us lot to make sure weā€™re not telling fibs on the Training, What Training thread and that weā€™re in tip top shape and making some great predictions. I have trouble remembering who is who for the few TTers i follow. But maybe thtaā€™s just because iā€™m thick !

Or Iā€™m just boredAF whilst working away :sob:

Itā€™s also pretty eye opening as to who gets injured and why.
Itā€™s all the obvious reasons - too much training done too hard too soon after the last hard race/session.

Also people who donā€™t improve - but keep churning out the same sessions week after week after month after year. Thereā€™s consistency, then thereā€™s staleness.

Itā€™s also super refreshing seeing lots of people following KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and getting great results from it.

In saying that - I do the same stuff on a four week rotation, just increasing the paces slightly until I canā€™t reach them. Then drop it right back down and start again.
I also only have 7 swim sessions and five running sessions.
Bike is pretty much ā€œhow I feelā€ at the time presently.
Hills = power work.
Spins = gym.
TT bike = steady state efforts. Traffic gives me the recoveries.

Over winter Iā€™ll have to get a proper Tacx trainer and permanent set up - as I hate the faff in setting it all up.

2 Likes

NEVER MIND EUROPE

Have you seen the UK forecast for next week :scream::scream::scream:

What, mid 20s
4oC

1 Like

Deluge incoming apparently

Yes, Iā€™d heard the same; but only wet over the weekend from what I can see.

Getting up to 27 degrees by Wednesdayā€¦
Eyes might melt.

27!! Fuck sake! :roll_eyes: how hot was the face melting one (2015?!) :rofl:

At least some poor weather will force me to taper

Hamburg forecast is still yo-yoing; currently a lovely 20 degrees, so tomorrow it will be 30 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yes need to stop looking really. Last night bbc app was say 17-19 in Nottingham - 27 is quite a jump

Iā€™d prefer dry and not much wind but after that Iā€™m not too bothered. It rarely gets too hot in the UK.

As long as itā€™s dry Iā€™m happy.

Last two big triathlons Iā€™ve done have been awful weather wise, Wales 17 and Weymouth 18

The massively unreliable forecast shows an absolute float day of 6kph wind and 22 degrees for race day.
Check out AccuWeather.

Some slight cloud cover means it has the potential to be rapido