Outlaw Full 2024

Fast bikes !
Strewth

1 Like

Conditions for riding were near perfect.
Near zero wind, wasn’t too warm before 9 either.

4 Likes

What happened in 2019? I’ve forgotten

1 Like

Torrential rain all day Saturday and the roads were flooded. It carried on pouring down through the night but they decided to go ahead anyway only to stop the race as we got out of the swim. They then said we could hang around for four hours before running the marathon. Mad decision to go ahead given it was obvious the day before that the roads were unsafe at that point.

6 Likes

I’m guessing there’s a tracker somewhere?

Wow, that was rough. Can’t believe I’d forgotten that!

1 Like

How are they doing ?

Sid on third lap (7th in AG), Adam (13th) not too far behind (maybe suffering a bit?)

Sid is less than a minute behind 6th (I think)… Final “sprint” should see him get there…easier said than done :joy:

6 Likes

I entered on the Tuesday of that week. It was 25° all week until Friday night. We arrived to rack and register Sat morning and it was all fine. Sunday was grim :sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

Nice work @SidSnot :star_struck::+1: 10:06.

16 Likes

@Adam 10:43 :muscle:

16 Likes

Nice work @Adam and @SidSnot :ok_hand:t5::white_check_mark::ok_hand:t5:

I bet that marathon was hard after that opening run, quick bikes and climbing heat …

8 Likes

Well done guys :muscle:

The marathon was awful. I death marched my way around while I wilted in the sun. It was a case of just keep moving your feet forward

Lovely to meet @SidSnot - we had a great chat walking around the lake when we really should have been jogging

Reports of 30° but I’ve no idea if that’s true.

20 Likes

Well done, both :+1:

Toughed it out in hot conditions :muscle:

** cold for jorgan though :joy:

6 Likes

Cracking work Gents.

2 Likes

Great to meet @Adam IRL and share our tales of woe on the last laps. Was a bit if a sufferefest but we made it round. Also had a chat with the legend that is @Toyota_Crown in the camp site afterwards

15 Likes

Well done fellas :clap:t3:

1 Like

Nice one chaps!

1 Like

D’Oh, didn’t twig that was You! :man_facepalming: Well if you don’t go round with an Idiot Billboard saying “I’m Sid Snot” or wear something distinctive :roll_eyes: HowTF am I sposed to know :sweat_smile: Never thought I’d beat you in a zillion yrs, after your superhuman Blenheim WW exploits on the Covid long edition. :thinking: How come so slow on run, sorry, I can’t sugar coat it :grimacing:

6 Likes