Outlaw half - Nottingham

Enjoyed myself today. Loving it!

3 Likes

Great effort mate. Proper job. :+1:

2 Likes

Fantastic crushing of the grapes.

3 Likes

Swim 42. Forecast 42, bang on even though it was long. No worries :wink:

Bike 2.31 Not having that. Rode well where I could - good watts, discipline etc. Swim estimate put me quite a way down the batting order and it was one hold up in traffic after another. Reached down for food after 6 miles and realised my bento box was still in my rucksack in transition. Grabbed 4 gels at the feed and got away with it.

Run 1.42 - chuffed to fā€™in bits with that. 5 minute PB - been working on that, so happy with the reward.

Overall - so good to be back !

18 Likes

Nice one :facepunch:t2:

Well done everyone, some cracking performances. I wimped out with the weather forecast, bloody forecast haha glad it was ok for you guys though.

4 Likes

Great pic.

Great report, well done.

1 Like

How did your pal get on?

1 Like

Very nice mate. :+1:

1 Like

2:18 bike!

Heā€™s a beast.

Showed his hr to watts file, very impressiveā€¦ he could have possibly gone a little faster?

Kept his hr low ish for the run, just under 5 total, Bolton is his priority.

Unless he massively overbiked, and was fooooked?!

I guess we will see in 2 weeks time.

1 Like

Love this mate. And what a cracking finishers photo. Well deserved dude. Great to see you as always

1 Like

Animal.

Hopefully firing on all cylinders fir the big one :metal:t2:

Yes @chickenboy always a pleasure

1 Like

Well done Adam, commitment on the face there!

1 Like

I was channeling my inner @Doonhamer from his Helvellyn finish :rofl:

4 Likes

Great racing fellas. Was trying to track as best I could this morning amongst the usual chaos! Must be so ace racing again!

1 Like

I only got back late this evening. Called in at my mums on the way home for a Sunday lunch :grin:

Was a good weekend overall. Was nice to meet some more TriTalkers in real life. @Adam couldnā€™t get rid of me seeing as we were racked together! Felt weird meeting @chickenboy and doing introductions, as from social media and here, as well as him knowing others I know, feels like I already knew him!

Cant believe the weather held off. So much unnecessary mental stress this last week. Couldnā€™t have been better in reality. Wind was not light, but Iā€™ll take that. Ended up massively over dressing as being too cautious itā€™d turn and go biblical. Wasted time putting on gilet, gloves, etc in transition. And was too hot with the baselayer on the run.

Swim was not great. Felt OK to the first turn, then my stroke just went to crap. Just felt thrashy. Two OW swims since the end of last summer (both races) really doesnā€™t cut it!

Not sure what happened to me at the start of the bike. I just ended up pooling along for the first few km. I was pushing full Ironman power. My IF field dropped to 0.7. Had to give myself a bit of a talking to. I vividly remember saying to myself ā€œwhat are you doing you pansy?ā€. Pansy?! Iā€™ve not used that phrase since I was about 10! Worked though ā€¦ picked it up significantly from there on and ended up at about 0.82 (although maybe it dropped through the final couple of miles on the shitty roads). Had similar issues to Adam with my top tube bag. Kept coming loose. Never had that issue before. Pleased with the power/speed for me. Thought Iā€™d done 2:26/7 (was on for that time for basically the whole ride) but must have lost a lot of time on the shitty final roads. A few came past me thereā€¦i was definitely being cautious.

Saw Adam heading out on the run just as I was coming into T2. Timing my transition and how long it took me to reach that point I knew he was 7+ minutes up, so no chance to catch.

Biggest concern is my lower back. Never had an issue on my TT bike before, but I was in pieces. Wasnā€™t sure how I was going to be able to run once I got off the bike. Hadnā€™t noticed anything at all when riding. The flat was just about manageable, but the few little rises were agony. Worrying for Wales. Need to figure out what caused thatā€¦maybe not enough riding on the TT outdoors (although no such issue at the 113 last year where Iā€™d been on the turbo almost solidly the whole of lockdown).

Pleasing to still break 90mins on a tough day when in pain. Overall a solid day, but definitely work to do in all areas.

20 Likes

well done all, excellent efforts :slight_smile:

Good stuff @stenard . The first thing that flashed through my mind when you mentioned your back woes was enough time outdoors?

Is anyone else wondering if there was a Lance/Ulrich moment when @Adam caught @chickenboy on the run?

Great racing all, some really solid races there in all disciplines :+1:

11 Likes

haha, very good

2 Likes