Outlaw half - Nottingham

Well if @chickenboy is shouting ‘Doper’ and at @Adam and he looks back and says ‘keep snorting the charlie, doughnut boy’. then yeah, could’ve gone down like that I guess. :grin:

5 Likes

I would have loved to catch him - I’m not going to lie I was looking for that TTT pink and blue tri suit :wink:

Sean Kelly would have been disappointed that I didn’t have the mental fortitude to ‘make the calculation’ after spotting him at T2 then again as he exited the water rapids bit as I was entering it

We all had a good little catch-up after though!

12 Likes

Well done all and thanks for the summaries @Adam and @stenard. Really pleased to hear the worst of the weather held off for you.
Even after making the decision to pull out of Nottingham and do A Day in the Lakes I continued to check the Nottingham weather once every 20 mins and started to realise by Saturday that I’d perhaps been too hasty.
Oh well, totally different kind of experience at A Day in the Lakes, much smaller field and mainly off road run. Weather was pretty much perfect, slightly overcast for the bike and then blazing hot for the run. Running on the fells looking down towards Ullswater I finally felt at peace with my decision to switch. Came 7th but didn’t have a great day, struggling to push hard on the bike and not having run for 5 weeks I knew my run was going to be a struggle.
I knew going in that doing the run was probably going to set my recovery back and sure enough I can barely walk this morning. Reckon I’m looking at another 4-5 weeks of no running. It was worth it to finally be racing again though.
I’m due to be racing Portugal in late October (if I can get there / if it goes ahead) so that will be the focus and I’ll not be further jeopardising my injury again before then.

13 Likes

Good stuff :clap:

1 Like

Glad to hear you had yourself a good race.

Hopefully your recovery is quick too

1 Like

I thought I would give this a bump as it is a few weeks away.

I am in. I am looking forward to be doing a traithlon, with just one sprint tri last year. I am swimming technically better than ever but swim fitness is really poor. With a couple of proper injuries (foot and L Knee) and some niggles, mainly R knee, my running is way off pace. New wheels probably won’t be here in time either.

3 Likes

First biggie of the year. I’m in, first Outlaw half.

Roll call time?

2 Likes

My First Time.(as it always clashed with EnduroMan etc)

1 Like

576 - Pedro Acha (pink cap so already feels like a win)

I am to go to the start for 6:00 and a lunchtime rack on Saturday

2 Likes

Are they still running the massive transition area up the side of the lake?

I think theres a shuttle bus from swim exit to T1.

Cash only.

2 Likes

Not sure. It looks like the swim finishes and the bike starts from about half way up the lake on the same side as the finish line where the grassy verge but not as far up as the where cars park. I would guess transition is on that rather than where the start of the swim is. If transition is down the end of the lake I might get an electric scooter :kick_scooter:

1 Like

At the same as last year. Shame they’ve kept that. It’s a bloody long run out of the lake!

1 Like

Is transition down the bottom of the lake then?

ETA: looking at the Outlaw swim it finishes near the steps up the end of stand?sports centre bit but the bike the same place as the Outlaw half.

576 - Pedro Acha (pink cap so already feels like a win)
411 - Chris Tye (TRO Saracen), 6am to the start. Misery 10-11:30 am Saturday racking.

2 Likes

No, they moved it to the side like you’ve described due to covid and being too cramped down the bottom - presume it’s still a TT start too?!

1 Like

Yeah sounds that way

1 Like

Is the transition still a mile long?
Effing ridiculous that.

1 Like

it was a nice bimble on the Full.

1 Like

I’ve got an entry, but I’ll be a DNS…. Not been on my bike, near a pool, or laced up a trainer for weeks… :flushed:

1 Like