Power tap pedals

I was looking at some second hand P1s but you lot are putting me off.

They’re great pedals - I’m not sure but they seem to be discontinued now though.

Get yourself some Assiomas

Assiomas use the cheese cleats too.
They are absolute garbage.
All Look Keo cleats wear down as if they’re made from goats milk.

Dual sided P1s go for around £300 on ebay. Assiomas are £500+ and new are £600+ Was looking at how I could add power for two bikes simply.

That is a good price and I do rate the pedals.

If I had the choice today I wouldn’t buy them though

Bought mine in early 2017 and they’re becoming a case of triggers broom now.

1 Like

Bought mine 5 years ago now, never an issue with them and still seem OK. Would consider assiomas or P2 if I need new ones anytime soon. Both around £650 new

1 Like

Went with wiggle and grey. The reds have been very floppy.

1 Like

Thread resurrection.

My P1S are four years old and cut out occasionally, so I’m thinking there need some kind of attention. I emailed cyclepowermeters and they said, send them in we’ll figure out what needs to be done and tell you how much…

Any other options out there?

Doesn’t appear to be.

They are an official PowerTap repair centre though. Can’t be too many of those around. If any others

1 Like

Hi
That was likely to be me replying to you. I service the PT Pedals for the EU (and ROW)
I’ve just been off for a week so please excuse any brevity as I’m trying to catch up.
If you send the pedals into us it will initially only cost you the postage and I will run a full diagnostics and evaluation. I’ve been doing it for 3 years and have seen pretty much every issue.
There is the option to pay for diagnostics up front but there is no need.

Paul

5 Likes

You’ve got a pair of mine at the moment.

Just sayin :wink::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Doh, somehow I knew you’d see this post. It wasn’t meant to be a criticism but the service costs published are either £87 or £207 - £87 I can handle, but £207 I’d rather not.

While you’re here can I ask if they need periodic recalibration at your centre or should they be accurate essentially until they die?

And is there a practical way at home to tell if two different sets of P1S pedals are producing similar power values?

with a smart trainer in erg mode?

1 Like

Edit - you mean have the trainer set to say 200W and record the pedal output elsewhere, then swap over and repeat?

I could have the trainer controlled by Zwift at a fixed power, then record the pedals in TR or PwerTap app.

1 Like

Yeah

Set a zwift or Trainer road ERG workout to 200 watts

Then also record with your Garmin/Wahoo

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll do that today.

I’m also getting some new lithium AAA batteries to see if it’s a battery problem I’m experiencing. It could be correlation rather than causation but adjusting the tightness of the battery cover seems to allay the cutting out problem.

as he says, the tacx app allows you to ride at a set power also (other trainers must do the same)

1 Like

Ah didn’t know that. Never used the app apart from firmware updates and a spin diwn

1 Like

Hi
Cutting out or dropping out? Dropping out with the lights on it is likely to be an issue with the multipole sensor which would be replaced as part of the bearing service.
Either way send them in and we’ll check them out.

Have you heard back from me yet?