Pro bike sponsors

I see Braden Currie has signed with Felt Bicycles.

1 Like

Empfield has been deleting posts where more informed folks than him have beaten him to the punch. BMC, Colnago are still up though.

Someone has just mentioned she was at the Look shop launch in Dubai, so will be interesting to see if that post stays.

ETA: someone mentioned Factor and I can’t see a single reference to Factor in the thread, so maybe?..

1 Like

That would be an interesting pricing strategy :rofl:

Well he’s left the Factor and the Look posts up, so the plot thickens!

1 Like

He actually posted it was Cube yesterday himself, then deleted his own post as he was ‘the victim of fake news’. Bit of a faux pas maybe. Or clever hyping. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ah, I was wondering which brand that was referring to because I missed it. Cube would be a bit left field.

didn’t they revamp their tri bike quite recently? or am i confusing with something else?

Yeah, they’ve got the Aerium which looks quite ‘on trend’ with built in storage, hydration, etc.

23 Cube’s in the 2019 Kona bike count. If they have invested heavily in a new bike then they’ll need a big marketing push to go with it.

Signing LCB would be an ‘all eggs in one basket’ way of doing it.

Cube does need someone to replace Andreas Raelert…the best LD athlete never to win Kona; that could be an omen :rofl:

3 Likes

Anyone see LCBs Instagram post

She’s got a sense of humour

2 Likes

very ‘Ineos-y’

Not like him to control the narrative.

4 Likes

She’s doing a fine job creating a lot of interest in her new sponsor, dropping hints and putting out Instagram posts as above

I am with @FatPom and going with Pinarello, joining Ineos possibly. Would certainly be a reason to leave Specialized

3 Likes

Emptfield and the whole Slowtwitch community are now irrelevent. I find a lot more amusement on IMJ

1 Like

Only reason I don’t think it will be Pinarello, is that he’s left a couple of those posts up. We’ll see soon I guess.

1 Like

He’s an utter c-womble.
His little rant to me on Facebook sealed the deal;

“When you’ve been in this industry as long as I have and own the site, it gives you the right to write what you want”

Well, yeah, but at least have the decency to label it as an “advertorial”

Like that F3 form mount “review”
First comment is “…you can buy these from Amazon for $13”
“Reviewer” reply?
“You get what you pay for, IME”

Definite advert.
It’s a massive article about a $60 piece of plastic :rofl:

1 Like

If its Pinarello, will it be as a roady? (perhaps with Ineos?) or does it mark Pinarello having a better look at the Tri market, where they’ve not really played very much?

Its all speculation, but Ineos would be an awsome platform for making LCB into an Uber cyclist

I really get the feeling that Ineos is exploring Triathlon as a bit of a side project, Jim Ratcliffe is a decent triathlete, and has a passion for the sport, and I think that we may see some retiring Ineos riders have a dabble in triathlon as well

2 Likes

Plus you’ve got Wurf and Kerridge

1 Like