Pro Cycling Live - will contain spoilers

5 Likes

Ahh no. He was having a storming Giro

2 Likes

What a tit.

4 Likes

Gutted for Girmay, he was a breath of fresh air & certainly spiced up stages that looked shoo-ins for MvdP.

A stage for the purist today, the rest of us can tune in for the final 5km.

2 Likes

Lopez apologised for the bottle throw in his interview at the end of Sunday’s stage.

The Eurosport/GCN team were a bit surprised because the incident hadn’t been picked up during the TV broadcast, so they didn’t think the commissaires knew about it. They reckoned it was a nice gesture to apologise so publicly, but that he’d have been better advised to go to the team bus and apologise in private

3 Likes

I see Caleb has binned the Giro

1 Like

I think the Giro binned Caleb. He’s been crap so far!

5 Likes

Apparently he was always going to chuck it after yesterdays stage, that was the plan.

1 Like

He got slated for it last year (?)
It’s disrespectful to the race.

2 Likes

Mario Chippolini made a career out of it, mopping up the sprints in the first week then f’ing off as soon as they got to the mountains.
Never sat comfortably with me, I wonder if stage wins should only stand if you finish the tour, like jerseys, even if you have an unassailable lead you still have to get to the end to pick them up - but that feels overly harsh too in genuine cases of a crash or illness.

3 Likes

Yeah, there needs to be a solution. :man_shrugging:t4:

Anyways…I’ve just checked out the remaining stages.
Utterly brutal!!!

Tuesday looks like it could be interesting after that test day.

DId you guys see the story about Robbie McEwen having to apologise? They were talking about Rob Hatch absolutly shovelling fudge they happened to find. He used together a couple of words that can be used as a slur against gay men but clealry meant it literally. Just seems a bit OTT to me. PC gone mad I tell ya!

3 Likes

I have now!

Here’s a molehill, snowflakes, go make a mountain out of it, will ya :wink:

3 Likes

My friend’s wife used to have that job in a confectionery factory :grin:.

4 Likes

I hope this doesn’t drive him out of a job. I really like his commentary style and insight.

5 Likes

Bugger.

Looking tight for the breakaway today

Didn’t know where to post this

1 Like

Blimey, that’s some story!

2 Likes

So who’s going to win from this front group then?

I can see why people live off the state. This is the bo**ocks. Sitting on my own on the sofa, eating chocolate, drinking coffee and watching the cycling.

40 more mins before the TV gets commandeered by the sprogs!

5 Likes