Pro Cycling Live - will contain spoilers

2nd place is a good result if Pog gets popped sometime down the road & his titles taken away.

3 Likes

Todayā€™s stage has Pog written all over it
:roll_eyes::rofl:

3 Likes

Just copy and paste that post each day until Sunday

3 Likes

Interesting article for Watt lovers

1 Like

and, heā€™s off again, hope he doesnā€™t catch the EF guy

1 Like

But especially in this Giro you have to grade Pogā€™s performances by who he is beating. Dani Martinez who Ineos didnā€™t think was worth keeping, Geraint Thomas who is 5 or 6 years past his prime etc etc

2 Likes

Itā€™s not just who heā€™s beating in this Giro, itā€™s all his victories recently.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not saying thereā€™s no one else on the juice, itā€™s just a little too obvious!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think he raced much this yearā€¦ but has won almost every time. For example he only did strade and lbl so was well prepped for the giro/tour/olympics!

2 Likes

I donā€™t expect him to lose, but this is premiership vs 2nd division football victories.

We should cancel rest days. It just prolongs the agony.

3 Likes

To be fair, I shouldnā€™t really moan about him. Heā€™s leading my fantasy team rather well!

Cā€™mon Pog!!

3 Likes

Youā€™re closing in on me and likely to pass me tomorrow :pensive:

Nice result for Steinhauser :slight_smile:

Geraint and Martinez crossing the line together so no change there Oā€™Connor drops further back though.

3 Likes

Not really sure where to put this, podcast section or cycling but Lizzy Banks has been put through the wringer for the last 10 months.

2 Likes

I was talking about Pog with my son last night and Iā€™m a bit conflicted.
If heā€™s doping heā€™s making it really f*cking obvious by riding away from everyone so easily at the drop of a hat; surely youā€™d be a bit more discreet and only do enough to get the win and draw too much attention.
On the other hand is that the best double bluff ever, if I annihilate everyone by such a ridiculous margin no will ever think Iā€™d be that stupid.
Who knows, Iā€™m relying on my default setting of, ignore all that and just enjoy the racing, and he certainly makes it more interesting than the power meter grinders weā€™ve had at some points in the past.

7 Likes

as per the Armstrong playbook. win and keep denying.

not sure Pog falls into that realm yet but fingers will be pointed soon

4 Likes

I think the only thing that keeps me from being completely cynical about Pog is the attitude of the other pros. There doesnā€™t seem to be anything other than admiration about how good he is (other than maybe frustration at their inability to keep pace with him). I may have missed it, but Iā€™ve not picked up on any negative inferences and I donā€™t think (hope) this generation would have the same approach to omerta.

5 Likes

6.8 w/kg for 15 mins puts him ahead of Pantani and second only to Armstrong 6.9 w/kg on Alpe Dā€™Huez.
Itā€™s just because of phenomenal talent though

3 Likes

I think he makes it boring to watch - in Strade and LBL, he attacked so far out that if you tuned in to watch after heā€™d gone up the road, the race as a spectacle was over.

In the Giro, you know heā€™s either going to attack from a long way down the climb and ride away from everyone, or if he doesnā€™t attack and one of the other top 5 riders tries to shake things up, he marks them out and the attack fizzles out or he goes past them and keeps going :man_shrugging:.

Thereā€™s 20-odd seconds between 2nd and 3rd, but they donā€™t get to attack to do something about that and they just finish together pretty much every time

4 Likes

Thatā€™s absolutely ridiculous!

Not the statement, more the fact that it is (or might be) true.

2 Likes

It a good conversation to have but the factors donā€™t line up the way an innocent person would behave, the guilty are different.

You steal Ā£1000 itā€™s your problem, you steal Ā£1,000,000,000 itā€™s the Banks problem.

If you cheat, you cheat big. The more
You duck and dive on your own the more likely you will get caught.

No criminal believes they are bad people, they deserve that money/vengeance/trophy/whatever. Tell him to look at it from that starting point and it will make more sense.

4 Likes