Pro Cycling Live - will contain spoilers

Is dandruff a significant issue?

I thought it was an Eighties thing.

Who is this Irish commentator, he’s marking me chuckle. The Pogues-achar.

Sean Kelly?

Was he on Just For Laughs? Around 1985?

Orla.

Denim jumpsuit.

I wouldn’t have thought it was possible to ‘rock’ a denim jumpsuit.

End message.

2 Likes

Eurosport commentators are concluding that it’s nutrition that is giving Pog the edge, because cycling has changed
:roll_eyes::rofl:

10 Likes

Tailwind :rofl:

4 Likes

Amazing ride by Milan to puncture on the last lap, wait ages for a replacement bike and still be there to contest the sprint at the end
:flushed:

6 Likes

He didn’t win though :rofl:
He’s huge compared to the rest of ‘em. :open_mouth::exploding_head:

2 Likes

Romain Bardet had a comment in last weeks Cycling Weekly.

Basically questioning how all the top pros pretty much do the same types of training and have access to the same equipment and science. But, some seem to be heads and shoulders above the rest, in all types of races.

2 Likes

This what makes it so galling. He’s doing it in all different types of parcours.

If this was Sky/Ineos/Jumbo etc questions accusations would be thrown around.

The numbers are ‘remarkable’

2 Likes

Now, I was thinking about this.

There are LOADS of people on Zwift who can definitely do 6.9W/kg for 15mins. They all do lunchtime crits in CatB.

So is Pog really that special?

7 Likes

If you or I did the same training and had access to the same equipment and science as Bardet he would be head and shoulders above us. Doesn’t mean there’s anything dodgy going on, he’s just more physiologically gifted than us :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is the debate/question/reflection isn’t it.

I went to school with Greg Minnaar. He was a naughty shit but you also knew there was something different about him - he was wired differently. That difference has proved to be world leading for YEARS. Winning world champs at 40 years old, in downhill, takes something exceptional!

I still debate with Mr about whether Pog is the next level exceptional or is it something else :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Even if he doesn’t have his inevitable bad day in the mountains, Bardet is never going to win a grand tour because he always ships a tonne of time in the TTs :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just saw this on twitter from Dan Lloyd on Pogacar’s GC results…

Update:

Tadej Pogačar GC results since turning pro:

13th
1st
6th
1st
4th
3rd
1st
2nd
4th
1st
1st
1st
3rd
1st
1st
1st
1st
1st
2nd
1st
1st
2nd
1st
**1st **
Not a single DNF.

Since his junior days, Pogačar has started a total of 43 UCI ranked stage races, and finished every single one of them.

The lack of any illness, crash or misfortune severe enough to see him pull out of any of them is almost as remarkable as the results themselves.

9 Likes

Blimey, that is bleak viewing for the competition.

1 Like

Watched the end of the Dauphine stage yesterday at lunchtime. My mate who works for Uno X was in shot a lot. They were so happy as it was their first win at pro tour level.

6 Likes

UAE Team Emirates lineup for Le Tour :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:
WTAF :scream::scream::scream:

Bringing back serious Death Star vibes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:slovenia: Tadej Pogačar
:uk: Adam Yates
:es: Juan Ayuso
:portugal: Joao Almeida
:es: Marc Soler
:fr: Pavel Sivakov
:belgium: Tim Wellens
:de: Nils Politt

3 Likes

Punchy!

They must all have a couple of WT level wins each at least.

1 Like

For GC, who else is there?

Remco? :rofl:
Roglic? He can’t even win a half-assed sprint at the Dauphinoise :potato: :cheese:

Vingegaard is an unknown. Will he, won’t he?

Ayuso is fourth favourite to win (16/1 odds)
I can see him being on the second step, in the white jersey … with Adam Yates on the third step (again!)

UAE clean sweep :broom:

2 Likes