Pro race chat (Tri)

Bing tells me it’s Nov 4th 2023. :white_check_mark::+1:t3:

#LMBTFY

1 Like

You are just feeding the AI engines, they’ll have you first :joy:

2 Likes

Ah the “next Vs this” weekend grammar war continues…

I thought I just heard he’d died today…

3 Likes

Wife told me this morning. Bit young.

2 Likes

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0AouPspiqs1GMXwVXtyfoHMKprmdSUcMX8UUvgQswP13v7TPtAnNx7YvKjZMfqW8gl&id=777287919

:flushed:
Hope he’s ok sounds scary!

9 Likes

Yes, hopefully not a TIA, could be stress or another mimic, he’s pushed himself and maybe related to his bad day in Nice?

Neurological? Even something like a hypo?

2 Likes

That’s worrying. Hope he’s okay.

1 Like

certainly sounds like a TIA

1 Like

Seems like he’s making some sensible descisions, would be tough for anyone but worst for a pro. Hope it’s nothing serious & he makes a good atab of it next year.

2 Likes

Not about Joe, but reading those symptoms made me think a little bit of transient global amnesia, TGA. A weird and unsettling thing that can happen to anyone, but is thankfully pretty harmless, is not a stroke or TIA , and may be more like migraine. In TGA people often repeat the same thing over and over, but I think this is because they can’t remember saying it rather than because they are having difficulty saying something.

Anyway, about Joe, hope he’s getting good advice & fully and quickly recovers :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Scary event, but good to see him being sensible.

How will he know when his speech returns to normal?

3 Likes

Hope Joe is okay!

A few times I’ve had what I’d call a complete ‘mental block’ where I feel fine, except I simply cannot remember something simple. A bit like that Witches of Eastwick moment when it finally comes to you. Mental health in later life is something that actually worries me, as we (hopefully) live longer these days.

4 Likes

With a Doctor for a wife she wouldnt let him not be sensible. Hope hes ok, and beyond that can race strong next year. i know we joke sometimes but he’s a breath of fresh air in a sport full of robots.

7 Likes

Ironman Florida is currently taking place and in her first Ironman India Lee is currently leading the run at 9 miles. She’s pretty much neck and neck with Skye Moench. There were three riding together at the front and now it looks like it’s down to these two.

7 Likes

Skye’s pulled away now.

Interesting result for the men’s gossip columns…

2 Likes

Still a very fast course, sub 4 male bike split and ladies bike course record. I’m guessing it’s accurate.

1 Like

Run half a mile short according to Cam Wurf’s Strava

4 Likes

But on Strava & Insta he’s happy to call it a pb :roll_eyes:.

5 Likes

Ditlev not recovered from Nice or something else happen in the run?