Pro race chat (Tri)

Wasn’t sure where to post this. All he has to do is survive the swim and he’s golden right? :joy:

8 Likes

The next article down’s a good un too. About doping using lugworm haemoglobin.

5 Likes

Convincing win for Fenella Langridge at IM Western Australia

9 Likes

And Beakkagard hit a 2.37 run to take a solid win.

5 Likes

She looked incredible on the run. And Beakkagard. First Aus race in the last few years to have a fairly decent Euro contingent come over which made for some better racing.

As a fan boi and from a personal point of view a little disappointed for Els Visser. I was looking forward to overtaking her in the swim and then attempting to stay on her wheel, but never saw her all day.

10 Likes

Not just pro-related but i was thinking earlier about the all singing all dancing Global Triathlon Awards that were held in Nice in January and wondered if it would take place next year.

Tumbleweed.

Last year it was announced in September. Can’t see anything this year.

To be fair I had no interest in it and presume it was just a big slap in the back for the brands and a chance for some triathletes to dress up. Not my thing.

Reminds me a bit about the all singing all dancing Collins Cup. Will that ever return…

1 Like

Not sure this should be here or in the sub 3 mara thread

Cracking work

8 Likes

Brownlee out of Bahrain 70.3 - I believe due to a puncture. Great updates on mens and womens racing from Kat Matthews’ instagram stories. https://www.instagram.com/stories/katr_matthews

1 Like

Kat now moved into the lead :+1:

And takes the win by 36s from Amelia Watkinson

2 Likes

Lucy Buckingham got taken out by a car on course, still finished the race though

9 Likes

Isn’t part of the reason it’s so quick because the bike course runs alongside the traffic in places so a lovely bit of assistance?

Until one hits you! Hope she’s alright obvs

1 Like

Like a British dual carriageway TT?
:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Exactomundo :+1:

Those rapid 10’s outside Hull were certainly helped by vehicles on their way to the port or city.

3 Likes

I did that TT in Hull, yes there was traffic but main thing was a lovely gift hill to start and it was 4.5 miles one way 5.5 the other so when there was a tailwind on the 5.5….

I did it with heandwind on the 5.5 and was slower than my local single carriageway….

3 Likes

It definitely benefited from a SE wind on that course

Except you’re riding in the “fast lane” on the inside, with the other 2-3 lanes open to traffic on the inside. You have sporadically spaced cones to protect you though :person_shrugging:

To be fair, I never felt it was unsafe. But I guess that’s the same as driving on the motorway. It’s actually the easiest driving I find, I guess until it isn’t. And then it can all get quite serious very quickly.

1 Like

Nice little article

2 Likes

This years “Triathlon Out Of Context” highlights video. Very good.

https://x.com/TriathlonOOC/status/1735284112146022612?s=20

4 Likes

Apparently Vincent Luis was in Yorkshire yesterday doing the Chevin Chase fell race, looked a bit boggy as well. The Brownlee’s regularly do it and win as well.

4 Likes