Pro race chat (Tri)

I thought someone on here would be doing it.

Looks like he’s Pro.

1 Like

Straight in at pro.

Hope he goes well

2 Likes

Lionel is obviously at the back end of his career and no longer a factor at big ticket races.

However, he is being smart in targeting Ironman whilst Paris/T100 take a lot of the top pros away.

This might also help Skipper.

6 Likes

Last week or so he’s been swimming 6000yds+ every day, in fact I think he’s swimming almost every day since Christmas (I can’t be bothered to scroll through the whole feed)

2 Likes

I expect we’ll see another flip-turn (pun intended) after his first ironman, quoting overtraining and too much swimming with not enough focus on his bike and run.

EDIT: but strangely I really want the guy to do well this year.

9 Likes

Dan Ryf has announced she’s retiring at the end of the season, looks like she’s going to race at Nice assuming she’s got a slot. And doing a lot of the T100 races.

Certainly been one of the best long course athletes ever.

10 Likes

Does Workd Athletics chat go here?

Some cracking stuff going on tonight

Try here…

1 Like

Abu Dhabi WTCS cancelled due to “severe adverse weather conditions”

4 Likes

Is @fruit_thief okay! oh no!

2 Likes

Wowzers! That’s freed up my afternoon in front of the tv then!

Lots of lightning tomorrow according to bbc weather

2 Likes

not too severe here right now :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

2 Likes

a bunch of guys from Doha Tri club have flown over to watch & do the AG event, they are going to be really disappointed :cry:

4 Likes

The next race is in two months time in Yokohama. There’s going to be some serious scrambling around to try and get points to get on that start line I’d imagine as Olympic qualification is getting tight.

Georgia Taylor-Brown was meant to be doing her comeback from injury race today in a bid to get on the start line at Paris.

Very frustrating for all involved. Hopefully the weather doesn’t cause too many issues.

5 Likes

I know people will have schedules but given how long it is until the next race could they not wait and run, at least the pro race, on Monday or Tuesday?

No. It’s not just athletes that need to be considered but commitments from media, TOs (all volunteers), local volunteers, marshalls etc etc etc etc

2 Likes

There’s cycling and cricket :grin:

3 Likes

T100 Miami on in about an hour and a half. Strong Pro field including Charles-Barclay and Brownlee. Unfortunately only live in Europe on Eurosport, but there is a live tracker.

3 Likes