Pro race chat (Tri)

It is fair enough and Indont have anything against him, wish him all the luck in the world.

The Long/Laidlow spat just rubbed me up the wrong way, and sticks with me.

2 Likes

A Sam Kona podium?

Laidlow
Long
Appo

?
Any others …

4 Likes

Gamgee

6 Likes

Smith

4 Likes

Buca :joy:

8 Likes

Fox

3 Likes

Son

3 Likes

Mornington Crescent

5 Likes

70.3 Mallorca live stream, if anyone interested. Clutterbuck and Pallant-Brown doing well after swim. Iden and Lange in the mens race.

https://proseries.ironman.com/races/im703-mallorca

2 Likes

Looks gorgeous out there!

2 Likes

Catching up on WTCS Yokohama, it’s shaping up to be a great Olympics.

Summary

French are bossing it, men and women. Duffy back, Knibb front pack swimming, some new young faces, American men stepping up, even the Aussies finding form.

Brownlee can’t run anymore, is there anyone else?

7 Likes

Just wondering…. I’m sure I’ve heard the commentators say that Brownlee would be great for Paris (mainly the mixed relay) but would it be better to send someone like Hugo Milner - partly to get experience if he’s got aspirations for 2028…

It was great to see Duffy back racing after 500 days! I also love how people raise their game when it matters most. I think Australia said you need top 7 (at least in the men’s race) to qualify for Paris and they raised their game accordingly,

Looking forward to the next race in a couple of weeks as I believe that’s the big one for GBR (and most other countries) selection.

4 Likes

If JB gets a medal it’s more in the coffers for Milners training, essentially

But yes we need to be looking to the future

Heard yesterday that Lucy has coeliac disease.

That’s a bummer for someone whose career depends an carb consumption. And to find out so late in her career.

I guess it says a lot about her, or maybe the disease, that she can beat the world without knowing. She had cut out gluten during training cycles but not entirely.

3 Likes

Is it something that can get worse later in life or triggered by the way she’s pushed herself over the years both as a sportswoman and her medical career?

Some illnesses come on later in life or have triggers, eg the GF has rheumatoid arthritis which only came on during her 30’s

Apparently not, doctors said she’s always had it. You have to wonder if that affected her Olympic chances.

But plus side is obviously already Queen of the world so, can only get better with this knowledge.

1 Like

Edit: I meant Goss :joy:

Yeah, maybe she can find alternatives like the Ucan I’ve mentioned elsewhere.

2 Likes

You can develop coeliac later in life. You can be born with risk factors, but doesn’t mean the disease is present (or that it necessarily will always develop)

ETA: I see she says she mostly cut out gluten in 2021 and felt better off it. So it may have been around then, but I’d assume that surely she’d have got tested back then too, if not then why not?

3 Likes

Technically not a pro any more. But saw that Sebi got run off his bike at a grav event on the weekend. Pretty lucky by the sounds of it, getting away with a few broken bones in his hand and nothing more serious.

Hit into a ‘car crossing the racecourse’ at 45kph.

:grimacing:

8 Likes

I was just coming here to post the same thing, just see his post on fb. Someone commented it was a bit of a shitshow

2 Likes