Pro race chat (Tri)

Impressive stuff from Knibb but I guess USA triathlon and cycling will want her to peak at their sport at the Olympics? 3 days should be alright to recover for her but can she target both?

9 Likes

Saw that last night.

Not sure any of the top Uber bikers in tri male or female would have ever got to the Oly tt unless they were originally bikies.

Very very impressive.

2 Likes

I think Findlay has won Canadian TT nationals for the past two years and is going for it again this year. Not sure if their Olympic hopefuls turn up for it.

Then again I think Sanders got the 1h Canadian record :rofl:

5 Likes

https://www.grallochgravel.com is on today.

Ali Brownlee and Ruth Astle racing.

Live tracker if anyone interested.

7 Likes

Sorry hadn’t seen this, just posted on the Gravel thread.

2 Likes

Brownlee 9th Cp4, 34th cp5 - looks like an off to me….

2 Likes

So many punctures last year, I passed Nick Craig twice.

1 Like

Flat more likely?

Anyway he finished about 30th but did beat Alex Dowsett and Cam Mason

3 Likes

Decent win for EPB at Chat 70.3, another in the pro series I think?

1:18 run!

5 Likes

Big pre-olympic race going on right now in Cagliarii. All the brits (Beth, GTB, Sophie C, Waugh and Sian Rainsley - who they said was on the wait list until a couple of days ago) are in the main lead pack (of about 26). I’ve dipped in and out but the bike is almost over and there’s going to be a mighty fast run coming up - with the likes of Knibb, Duffy, Beaugrand and all the other big names all here.

4 Likes

This really is the generation of women that I knew in the D1 races in France. Just getting started in the “pro” ranks back then. So good to see them doing so well now. They sure have worked hard for it and lived a focussed athlete’s life for all these years :muscle:t3::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

8 Likes

Strong ladies team, we must have a reasonable chance in the mixed relay with Yee & maybe Jonny?

5 Likes

Quit liking the current vlog series with Lionel on YouTube, wind tunnel testing of various helmets, suits etc. is interesting. Vlog 5 has a funny ending with a guest appearance by a retired pro holding the smoke wand.

3 Likes

please tell me that’s not a euphemism

7 Likes

You’ll have to watch to find out. :eyes: :eggplant:

3 Likes

I thought the men’s race was this afternoon but can’t find anything?

It was

1 Like

Can’t find any mention of it :man_shrugging:t2: need to look harder although darts gets a higher profile!

Edit: think they’ve just updated it!

1 Like

https://www.triathlon.org/results/result/2024_world_triathlon_championship_series_cagliari/627959

1 Like

Catching up on iplayer. They did say men’s start delayed due to wind, and the swell did look quite spicy.

What’s the rules on relay participants? Can you bring in a sub who doesn’t run the individual? If GB want to take a pilot for Yee, I can imagine the women wouldn’t be too pleased if it compromised the relay.

2 Likes