I guess Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsen Wenger were all crap coaches. I guess Brett Sutton is a hopeless coach. (Well actually debateable )
Ive always said i would 99% not “employ” a coach who was, and likely still is a decent athlete/ ex pro as a) their most important athlete is not you and b) they only know what worked for them, and tend to attract people like them who are already good or novices that just need consistency to improve.
Oh and c) ray is a massive c0ck.
Oh and my coacing profile and page accounts (clearly stalked my now blocked personal profile to find that ) clearly rattled him with my original post on his swimming.
Actually he didn’t delete that post; so he could correct my use of ‘Soccer’ (which was for his benefit). He’s our age, but debates like a 17 year old. Really reminds me of Trump.
I don’t know his personal background, but another counter might be to suggest simply completing an Ironman when you have a ‘real’ full time job & family is a great achievement. It’s easy when it’s your only focus in life.
The problem is TP and the newer run watches are not compatible when it comes to rTSS so they throw massive numbers out and over state CTL. The latest TP update seems to have addressed it for me
that’s 7:45pace give or take, so he runs for 1hr in Z1 at 4:45 pace. Sounds about as believable as him swimming at 800m World Record pace unsuited in a recovery swim!
someone call him out, I have 3 blocked accounts and 1 blocked page (and one account/page haven’t even engaged with him )
As a “coach” he should how to use the tools he has chosen. Either that or at least know ways around issues as TP has a few (change it to hrTSS for instance)
Im not a fan of TP, I get frustrated with remote coaching because of the TP admin, but its basically “Industry Standard” now. Shame Golden Cheetah isnt “online” with Coach Edition. I’m frustrated with workout builder, its a PITA and Id like to write a script and import something in XML for instance and have my own front end, but they don’t allow developer access to the API. I also hate that everything is a % of FTP or “threshold pace” no I’d just like to do a session at target race pace, or VO2 max intervals (which may or may not be anywhere between 110-120% FTP but not in everyone! Everything is about frigging “zones” to try and make it fit around what I need it to do.
Still I never give 153 TSS for a 49 minute 7:15pace Zone R run