Quality Slowtwitch/IMJ Threads

Well you were being a misery guts but I don’t recall anything out of order. :sweat_smile:

I get posts flagged occasionally, got a dm telling-off once from jonathon. But you know, with forums, I always take the attitude that it’s their house, their rules so it’s also their call. Can’t find your user, and recent posts are invisible except where quoted by another user.

1 Like

Yes and no.

I was giving lots of positive feedback on the new AI, and helping explain it.

I got annoyed at a post that seemed a bit personal, directly at me, (that moved on just a misunderstanding) and has nothing to do with it.

Funny you mention Jonathan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: that is who I called out for not following their own forum rules, passive aggressive imo… I suspect that was it, but was a few days ago.

They must be sensitive with the number of people that are complaining about the new system, the vocal few Im sure, compared with their user base, but many magnitudes over the normal levels of “misery guts” :laughing: they normal see.

Shame, I posted lots of good stuff over the years, particularly on the sweetspot and the polarised training threads. Much of which was robbed and used by self proclaimed coaches as their own ideas. Such is life.

My Kickr doesnt go over 3 mph

reply: Funny, my Kickr only goes 0 MPH and doesn’t move at all. :winking_face_with_tongue:

3 Likes

I found this amusing. I read in the comments T2 shut at 5:30pm so he was nearly 30 minutes late.

7 Likes

I they didn’t have cut-offs, they have exhausted people spread across the landscape, fighting for likes, subscribes and their calf tattoo.

You can’t get milk from the 7Eleven at 23.02…

5 Likes

Is this an issue with him starting “late” on the rolling start, so his elapsed time at the end of the bike was “only” 10:30 but he was over the cutoff time? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ve seen this kind of issue raised before.

From memory there’s a cut-off time based on your start time (say 10:30) but there is also a hard cut-off at the transitions (say 5:30) irrespective of your personal time which this guy seems to have been a victim of. Problem is it will encourage everyone to try and go early, negating the benefit of a rolling start, with the slowest people trying to get out in front.

4 Likes

We just need to go back to mass starts.

That was always part of the experience…

13 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Of course easy for me to be flippant, because even on my most diabolical meltdown of a day, I finished 5h before the finish-line cut-off. But that’s the beauty of training.

6 Likes

https://www.ironman.com/sites/default/files/2026-04/2026%20IM%20Texas%20Athlete%20Guide%20rs...pdf

Looks standard for T2. I can’t see any event specific differences except the two intermediate cut-offs on the bike 63mi, 83mi , and the intermediate 17 mile 10:30pm cut off on the run

2 Likes

I guess they fell foul of this clause:-

“IRONMAN reserves the right to remove an athlete from the course and*
DNF the athlete if our course staff determines there is no possibility
of an athlete finishing the given discipline (swim, bike, run) before the
posted cut-off times based on an athlete’s location, time and average
*speed up to that point.”

1 Like

even untrained I did 14:21

2 Likes

8hr 26 to do 180km on a flat course on a TT bike is pretty pedestrian

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I did 8hrs at Bastion :wink: But it did have 10000ft of climbing and I had to keep getting off to stretch my back. Laying on the grass verge in 30c wishing I didn’t have to get back on for another 40km was nice :wink:

6 Likes

Only 30 degrees you say.

4 Likes

Not quite Outlaw 2013 :wink:

1 Like

You have not seen anything yet wait until October ( :ring_buoy: assuming I make it to bike and then to the end of the bike.)

Its about a speedy 21.37kph / 13.28 mph btw.

I’m sure they would have been well under 15 hours, only*** needed to drop a Mara at 6:00/km for a 14:43 :wink:

(9.2min/km 6hr28 for 16h58m)

1 Like

If you want to do an IM and take it seriously, everyone should be able to do sub 1:16 swim (disabilities aside). If you cant hold 2min/100 then come back after you’ve seen a coach and trained a bit, people taking 2hrs is just screaming “haven’t bothered”. If you cant bike for 25kph most of the day (on a flat course), come back when you can, anything north of 8hrs, without an injury, is just lack of training. Then you can walk the run all you like :wink:

that final part may or may not have been my plan :wink:

5 Likes