Rant rant rant

Don’t knock it. It could be Bud light :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Bees back in the eves of the house again, not good.

If theyre definately bees and not wasps, call your local beekeeping association and they’ll send someone out.

They usually do it for nothing too as they can start a new hive with them.

depends on the bees - not all are honey bees. Masonry bees for example are protected and can’t be moved.

Can’t think which type they were/are, we had the council pest control chap out before and he said they’d move on within a month or so, they didn’t. Then had a year with nothing but came back last year in a huge swarm and again today though not swarming. Used a spray from a vet we know to subdue them previously which we probably shouldn’t have done but hey ho.

1 Like

My dad kept bees when I was a kid and for a lot of the time he had his hives in our back garden.

It was my mum’s worst nightmare in “swarming season” to look out of the kitchen window and see a swarm take off from one of the hives. She’d then have to try to follow them to work out which of our neighbours’ gardens they’d settled in :roll_eyes: . They’d then have to collect the swarm in a basket, bring it back home and try to persuade them to go into a new hive.

If they’re domestic honey bees, the keeper would normally check his hives periodically to try to find and destroy any queen cells that were being cultivated, although if they do swarm and you can catch them it’s a good way to make new colonies.

3 Likes

I’ll bet your Dad didn’t have any problems with cats in his garden! :smile:

1 Like

To be fair, at the height of summer the garden was like a bee super highway and no one wanted to be there :roll_eyes:

1 Like

On current form it looks like we will be joining a 1km long queue to get into the building at Birmingham airport at 4am next Wednesday morning.

1 Like

To be honest it’s the media and really stupid general public that’s creating this problem. All the airlines are saying 3 hours because those with luggage struggle up and down stairs, don’t follow signs, don’t listen to instructions, don’t know how to use self-service bag drop machines, still try to go through security with tons of liquids and all the electrical paraphernalia under the sun and then get to the gate with the wrong bags booked in and no idea about travel rules so don’t have Covid passes and masks.

On the other hand, if you read signs, pack your bags properly and are kind to staff, it only takes you 45 mins from car to gate and you get 2 hours to watch all the above unfold and the people watching around that.

6 Likes

Hanging up the washing on the line attached to my garden fence, look down to see a steaming dog piss seeping through the fence [the fence backs on to a busy public footpath] :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I appreciate I probably won’t get everyone, or even the majority, siding with me on this one.

4 Likes

don’t you end up stuck in the queue behind these idiots though?

1 Like

Yes you do. But there’s still a good selection of security queues. And easyjet and Ryanair now have self-service bag-drop with loads of machines. So the only time I got really frustrated was walking from the car to join the back of the security queue because of said idiots. Once in those queues it was just like it all used to be.

1 Like

So how are all your days going?

Did you drive 80 miles on a wet M6 only to realise you’d left your laptop bag at home?
Did you play the “will I, won’t I” game with the fuel range?
Did you do all of this before 10am.

No I’m sure you didn’t, but I did.

170 mile drive for no reason whatsoever. To end up in the office I’m not meant to be, working on stuff I’m not meant to be doing today :woman_facepalming:t4:

15 Likes

This made me think I want to watch Clerks!

1 Like

You know how its annoying in gyms when people dont put their weights a way.

I annoy myself by not putting the weights away.

5 Likes

Where did you put the 20s that clearly must have been on that bar in addition to what’s on there now? :roll_eyes: :rofl:

2 Likes

That was just from forearm curls :wink:

2 Likes

Of course, it’s an absolutely glorious Cumbrian evening! Rannerdale Knotts and its bluebells would’ve been completely glorious this evening. Instead I’ll just sit in the hotel dining room by myself drinking a LARGE wine.

5 Likes

I’ve lost my goggles and my favourite swim cap :sob:

Must have dropped them by car on the weekend and not picked them up. Goggles are an annoyance. But that cap was my ironman Wales one. Really nice, thick and soft. Was a bit sentimental about that one. :pensive:

6 Likes