Rant rant rant

Really? This is the top headline today in the local paper:

Surely should be “there are not enough staff”?

Granted it’s a pretty minor thing to rant about, but they have one job- to write about the news in proper words.

Think I’ll cancel my subscription, oh wait it’s free :grinning:

7 Likes

U got wot ewe payed four :crazy_face:

2 Likes

And it’s patently factually incorrect. There are plenty of staff. Their issue is poverty wages and rock bottom working conditions. And it’s a shit job.

3 Likes

the number of flies in this room. I swear each time I swat one another two turn up.

2 Likes

Was thinking of going a short swim at the council pool in Shrewsbury, £6 for a walk in adult admission :flushed:

Edit: yeah I’m a tight Yorkshireman :roll_eyes::joy:

4 Likes

Pretty much why I stopped swimming. £6 to get annoyed at lane etiquette and then suddenly have to swim in widths because aqua aerobics is today and reception forgot to mention it.

3 Likes

I think I pay £42 per month at the gym I go to and there’s the gym and cardio stuff if I want.

Only need to go about 7 times per month.

And if I time it right I can get a lane to myself or one other. There are some nobheads but not too many

2 Likes

It’s £6 at mine. I hate paying that compared to the club swim for £2 but sometimes I need to.

2 Likes

TikTok is mental

1 Like

Haven’t used a pool since 2017. Swim seasonally outside. 20 mins drive to favourite spot. Figure prob costs as much petrol wise overall as £5 a swim or whatever it is every time (pool’s been shut for refurb since march 2020 :roll_eyes:) and it’s a much more pleasurable experience

5 Likes

Ahhh after all that talk the other day of wedding rings I’ve lost mine! :sob:

I’m 95% certain I took it off in the house last night before I went for a swim. But it’s not in any of the usual places I’d leave it. Can’t find it anywhere, but I’m hoping it’ll turn up.

Thing is, after wearing it pretty much constantly for the past 10 years it feels super weird not being there. :rage:

6 Likes

Oh no!!! Hope you find it. Maybe one of your girls picked it up and put it on then moved it somewhere.

1 Like

Leisure facilities and cost is not something I can rant about. £34 per month for the family package. Includes access to any center in the Highlands for swim, gym, health suite and some classes. Bargain! Inverness has a separate competition pool which is fully laned all day and minimum age limit so no kids or busy lanes to worry about either. Just a shame it’s an hour round trip before any swim time.

9 Likes

Blimmin hate the Garmin incident alert thing. It’s way too sensitive to u-turns.

Obviously I get Mr’s alerts. Had 1 this morning. Logged on to the track of ride into work and all it is, is a u-turn cos he’s gone down the wrong road. Makes you panic every time though.

3 Likes

I’m on my 3rd wedding ring.

1st one is lying in the Med off Kourtaki in Greece - slipped off when windsurfing.

2nd one is in an Alpine stream by now - slipped off when I slid on a glacier nose when crossing it. Put my hand down to stop myself and the crusty ice pulled it off.

5 Likes

You can have mine if you like, don’t use it any more!

4 Likes

Not me but a mate lost his in Greece, on his on honeymoon whilst swimming. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

You can say that again. It’s £25 p/m swim only for 1 person for me and £65 swim and gym. That’s at the council run one. David Lloyd is much more.

I joined Puregym on a 50% off deal, so gym only is £14 p/m which is decent but then I go at most once a week.

2 Likes

No chance of me losing my mine. Not coming off my fat fingers if I wanted it to.

3 Likes

I used to ensure mine was oversized as you could guarantee that when I was playing rugby my knuckles would get damaged and swell for months on end so you could never get the ring off or on (it’s illegal to play rugby wearing rings). That’s why the buggers slipped off outside playing season and after retiring!

2 Likes