Rant rant rant

3 days of Wimbledon and 3 days BBC have failed to provide a highlights show. I know stuff gets delayed by rain etc but they need to be better at diverting live to other channels and still providing a highlights show.

2 Likes

BBC2 now

1 Like

I know but its late, it was supposed to be an hour ago and Sky cant keep up.

Anyway caught the Brits.

1 Like

Another horrendous night’s sleep before an early alarm. Can’t seem to avoid it over the last few years for some reason. Reckon I got 3hrs sleep max. :pensive:

5 Likes

You’ve got a lot going on mate with a new job, your bathroom work and a race coming up. Your body will probably catch up with itself when the time is right.

3 Likes

Up early for an outdoor TT bike ride…

…chucking it down, dog had puked up, I woke my wife up with my banging around getting cleaning products out.

Now on Zwift hating the British weather :cry::umbrella:

EDIT: also got blisters from y’day jog and the places where cramp came at Staffs feel “twingy” - no bike position change and I’ve done aerobars all winter. WTF? :man_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

Today’s truly exciting first job of the day is checking QR codes, 15 on a page, 106 pages, kill me, please

8 Likes

15 seconds per code, that’s a days work

1 Like

So I came home in my work safety glasses last night. The first I knew of it was when my wife pointed & laughed at me :roll_eyes: .

I’m not due in work today as I have a nearby FKW test ride planned but don’t fancy rocking up in a particularly tight fitting tri-suit & 90’s twat hat.

FFS

11 Likes

I see Nottingham as midlands - north midlands maybe

I have slept awkwardly and woken with a pretty tight mid-back on the RHS :rage:

4 Likes

My neck is in tatters after yesterday’s ride! :joy:

It’ll be fine to get through a HIM but my body won’t be happy the next day! :joy:

6 Likes

I’ve got a muscular pain going on in the middle of my body. Honestly, it’s not the front and it’s not the back. I’ve actually no idea what is actually hurting. It’s just… the middle?

But the kicker, it only hurts if I drop my chin down and tilt my head to one side like I’m trying to look under my armpit without bending.

I’ve no reason to look under my armpit without bending, so what on earth was I doing with my head when I discovered that if I do, it hurts in the middle of my body? Worse, why do I keep doing it to check if it still hurts?

5 Likes

You are checking to see if it’s fixed :joy:

4 Likes

Driving down the M6 - working theory that anyone in the gents toilet at services who uses hand dryers is of low intelligence. No reason other than it just fucking annoys me

1 Like

Gatwick is raaaaaaaammed with people. A sweaty mess of humanity.

And Wagamama shuts at 7. Fuck you Gatwick.

7 Likes

Why would you even wash your hands?
You do not touch anything someone else has touched from your car and back when visiting a rest room (unless you have a #2)

Washing your hands introduces many many more touchpoints.

3 Likes

There is a joke about that from the military or something. The army teaches us to wash our hands after using the toilet, yeah but the Navy teaches us not to piss on our hands. Something like that.

3 Likes

Happy to report that stoke onwards is a confusing mess. The road signs are insufficient- the roundabout near willington power station is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING MENTAL, and Leicester needs some town planning. 9 fucking hours. That was horrendous

3 Likes

It’s not the piss, that’s sterile.

It is the perianal stuff and all the faecal matter swishing round in your duds.

Basically, when you touch your penis, it’s like touching your anus - as it’s like a massive germ cocktail in your duds.

I’ll wash my hands in about three scenarios;

1. handling chicken or pork
  2. they’re visibly dirty
  3. after a poop

@toby_Hole_in_the_leg - ah. I see you’ve come down the M6, off onto the A50 (probably the A500 Queensway judging by your description) and then headed over to the M1? The A50/M1/A453 is mental, but much better than it was. For Stoke, you’re better off coming off at J15 if you want the M1.

J16 is horrific due to all of the roadworks.

I’m a road nerd

3 Likes