Rumble in the TriTalk Jungle - 2020

Boooo!
Deva and Bolton for a double smackdown…!?
Great TT rumble

So, down south then :rofl:

Yorkshireman?

I’m guessing any slots will be for Taupo.

Jeff

1 Like

Think Yorkshireman is my option with Stafford!

2 Likes

I’m already giving Long options in 2021 the :thinking:

Tempted with a 3rd visit to Klagenfurt now they have the new bike course. Other options might include Tallinn or…

I’m now looking at that one for next year. The only issue is being a few weeks later, and the fact BA no longer fly there, so the only option is Ryanair. But accommodation is plentiful. You can get suites for less money, and no need for car hire with the airport just outside the city

…and the bike in Tallinn is 5 miles less than Hamburg :rofl: I bet the run support is nothing like Hamburg though.

My limit of exploitation for Ironman is really the start of the school holidays, or the end of the first week at a push. Second half of July is the sweet spot.

Tallinn could be interesting. I’d like to visit Estonia.
Anyone know what the road surface is like?

You reckoned we get 20 entries to one of the super iconic events like Roth or Austria?
There must be ways to do so…
Ps dont know why I am so keen - I will likely bail a month to go !

Not suggesting a TriTalk rumble would be long distance or overseas; it’s traditionally middle distance and at home I believe.

1 Like

If it’s not too far south I could easily be tempted into a half. I would probably be grumbling rather than rumbling but would come along for some craic.

2 Likes

Yes. Middle in the UK.
Like ADITL 2010, brought to you by the Wigan Tourist Board :wink:

Stonia

Date permitting I might do Staffs, if there’s a commitment I might even get tier 1 entry via the AWA but they haven’t announced much yet. This sometimes is a sign the race is getting binned, but I think this one is probably waiting for dates off the local council or something.

Although I’m not sure about those hills Poet was talking about :joy:

Jeff

i remember this last year with the race. Seem to delay when next years registration opens. Most races are open a couple of weeks after but they seem to take forever with Staffs

It’s pretty rolling! Isn’t it?
Certainly, my memory of the roads it uses is more than undulating.
Or have the Cheshire Plains warped my description of “rolling”? (A 6% 100m flyover is now a hill to me)

I don’t know the exact course but the area is definitely rolling, there might be the occasional short hill.

Staffs is not a ‘fast’ course from what I’ve heard, and there are some dicey technical parts iirc?

Yeah, definitely not “fast” from everything I’ve heard from people who have done it. But having looked at the course map, it didn’t seem like it could have been that bad in terms of technical bits, so long as you werent glued to your stem. And at least only one loop.

Looking at a Staffs Facebook page it seems this years race opened in late August.

1 Like

Tallinn is a beautiful city…but i did post a picture of the water last year…i will try and find it…