Rumble in the TriTalk Jungle - 2020

TriTalk Tour de Spain.

Lanza, Vitoria-Gascais, Barca.

Ironman tour series email just sent out for 2020 @Poet - still no opening date on Staffs though :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I know!!!
I frantically clicked the link to enter then both,too.

(Iā€™d defer Bolton to 2021)

Both the IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 race must be completed within the 2020 calendar year, and no substitutions are allowed.

Thatā€™s what made me think ā€˜Tourā€™ but a half and a full isnā€™t a stout is it imo.

Aix en Provence/Nice is a nice combo, maybe Iā€™d consider Marbella/Vitoria Gascais

Iā€™m not fussed on the medal,just getting entry into both as well as the HUGE 3% discount :rofl:
Bolton looks quite good now, with the new bike course being utterly brutal.

1 Like

TT or road bike? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The one that gets you a sub 6 bike split, which in all but 18 cases is neither,just over 1% wen tunder 6 hours in near perfect conditionsā€¦

This is real world testament to that horrible loop.

Didnā€™t want to start a new thread, so Iā€™ll try here first.
Did anyone do Yorkshireman this year? Full or half? Just wanted some feedback on it. Iā€™m looking at doing the half, which will be my first.

Cheers

In a word yes, hard to do a big response on my phone, but well organised, decent course, roads were generally good if not mega fast. Swim was a doddle.

Run was flat, couple of short bits on grass or gravel, but probably less than 1k per lap.

Only annoyance for me was that I had to check my bike in the day before despite doing the half, everyone had to, not such a problem if you are staying local but it was an 80 mile round trip for me with living locally.

Fire away if you have any specific questions, I did the half btw, I suspect it would get a bit monotonous doing the full with the multiple laps on the bike.

Jeff

1 Like

I didnā€™t in the end but had my eye on it. Think only jeff did it judging by the talk in the summer but as he says was generally well received it seems. Didnā€™t sell many places but was only announced late, the half is on my maybe list for this year with Isoman/staffs

Was the course the Sundowner loop, or have I got the wrong lake ā€¦
How many laps would the full be?

Different venue. It is at Newby Hall and there was one there previously ran by another organiser and iirc it had a hard time but canā€™t remember why. Freebird run the Sundowner at Allerthorpe.

1 Like

Done the sundowner a few timesā€¦

For some reason thought it was the same company/ venue?!

Wouldnā€™t mind four bike loops itā€™s a fast course.

The swimā€¦ not so muchā€¦

Iā€™ll look into the full

Thanks

1 Like

Youā€™re right, it is the same organiser, freebird events for both Sundowner and Yorkshireman. I canā€™t imagine how many laps of that little lake youā€™d have to do for an ironman.

1 Like

8ā€¦ ish!
Iā€™d struggle counting!

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

It looks great, but Iā€™ve heard some bad reports about Freebird events and their organisation, so your positive experience is a real help. The bike doesnā€™t look too bad for that area. one serious climb, and one serious decent, but other than it looks manageable. Swim is river, which should be nice. Only has a slight current.
:+1:

Do you know total elevation of course ?
I couldnā€™t see itā€¦?

1 Like

620m. 130m of which is a single climb.

https://yorkshiremantri.co.uk/yorkshireman-half/yorkshireman-half-event-details/#1538138495773-0cf0975d-065e

1 Like

Thanks!
Pan flat then!