Running Shoes

Thanks - I noticed the new version 12 are a lot lighter so perhaps they won’t be as clumpy. They weren’t available before my race so I went for some Invo8 Roclites which performed ok :+1:

Yes, tempted to have a look at the 12s but really keen to try those new more cushioned Salomons.

1 Like

I’ve just bought some Scott Ultra RCs

Only £72 on sportshoes and they had my size :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, they look decent. I found those on sportshoes as well but just not in my size

How do you fins ‘sportshoes’? I’ve seen very mixed reviews about wrong products being sent and hard to get refunds.

1 Like

Never had an issue with them personally. And I’ve bought (and returned) loads from there.

1 Like

Their prices always seem pretty good :+1:

All good here :+1:

1 Like

I’m a long time Sportshoes customer, they used to take a long time to deliver, but now seem to have upped their game. Never had a problem with returns or wrong items delivered.

Did have one delivery fail to appear, the tracking said it got to the local delivery depot but then returned back to them due to damaged packaging, but they resent it and it was all fine (just late).

Keep an eye out for discounts codes too.

1 Like

I have never had a problem with them. I even went to their shop in Bradford when that was a thing.

1 Like

Sounds like I need to try them. :+1:

I agree with the positive experiences. The only thing I would say is negative is if you return something and get a credit on your account, you have to phone them up to use it.

I only ended up with a credit on my account because I returned some shoes late (they were accommodating to my incompetence on returning things!) and I’d changed credit cards in the time so there was an issue with a refund.

I believe MOUNSEY10 is good for a 10% discount on things they supply, but note some of it isn’t supplied by Sportshoes; for example I bought some Brooks Cascadias which were supplied by Brooks (and sent from Germany, which I expected to be a pain but wasn’t) so the discount didn’t work.

1 Like

If you’ve got TopCashBack you can get some pennies back too. Their are maybe on alternative cashback sites as well.

1 Like

Been using them for years with my only issue being their current carrier who is pretty dismal…

1 Like

i often buy multiple sizes and even models to try on before making a decision. I know that i will pay for return postage but that’s still cheaper than trudging round shops…

2 Likes

Endorphon Pro 2s are now discounted with the release of the 3s. Anyone have a pair - good, bad, ugly?

I recently got a pair of Vans Era with the Comfy Cush. I haven’t worn them enough to see a difference but they are comfortable. They seem a bit narrower than the pair of Authentic I had before but maybe they just need to break in a bit. My feet are wide enough that I usually buy a wide size if it is available.

very shoes are wide enough even for the average foot…

should appeal to the likes of @Poet and others

1 Like

I was wearing Walshes 30yrs ago when fellrunning…how :sunglasses: am I?

Haven’t bought a pair for ages now though as their tread is nowhere near as aggressive as inov-8 or Salomon.

4 Likes