Sports Casual

Matching tracksuit. Jesus Christ. Actually see that quite a bit around here. I can’t think why that’s appealing to anyone.

I’d definitely wear a pair of joggers and flip flops to the pool. Not worked my way up to the shops yet. Generally jeans, t shirt and converse for me

I live in Winchester, we don’t really see that kind of thing. It may occur in Winall, God alone knows what they do up there, eat their own young I think.

so 1980’s “casuals” :wink:

Strong look

Bonus points for Fila

When I think of “casuals”, it evokes the following outfit:

Adidas Gazelle’s in club colours
Stonewash dark denim jeans (most likely Edwin or Nudie these days)
CP Company Mille Miglia jacket, done up, no matter what the weather
APC white t-shirt underneath
Sergio Tacchini (sp?) track top in the colder months under that jacket
Aquascutum scarf
Possibly an RL baseball cap.

Presumably you’re describing a football hooligan there? The detail with which you describe that look, does make me worried for you :sweat_smile:

Chap in the Fila pyjamas looks like he’s off for a gang fight too.

1 Like

Own up. Who owns anything Stone Island?

Missed the Stone Island jacket :joy:

It’s from the remake of the classic Gary Oldman movie “The Firm” so spot on

@robh I though this was a Partridge thread too!

I’m a 2019 convert to joggers; good for cold/dry running, cycling to the gym, weight lifting, and in the pub afterwards :grinning:

1 Like

YETIIIIIIIIIIIIII :fist: :joy:

So what’s the quintessential hooligan movie; The Firm or ID? I think the later stuff by Dyer et al, can be ruled out.

1 Like

A bloke I worked with when I was doing my articles in the mid 90s always wore Stone Island and made no secret of the fact that he got his weekend entertainment as a member of the Leeds Casuals football hooligan firm :open_mouth:

CP Company is the jacket.
It’s the “one up” from Stone Island.

I have a Stone Island beanie…and an Aquascutum check wool coat…and lots of Edwin jeans…but no Adidas footwear and I don’t follow the footie.

Sounds like you’re in the grey area; I’d advise caution :sweat_smile:

In fact Stone Island beanie, have a word with yourself !

3 Likes

go to be the original firm, although ID is pretty good. The modern stuff is crap, especially the one with the hobbit in it

1 Like

I have literally no idea what you guys are on about!!

1 Like

But I’m guessing that is a good thing

Yep, same. I saw Adidas at the top of the list and rest might as well have been in Japanese!

I work in a super-casual office, lots of graduates and apprentices so the dress standards are very low.

I refuse to give in, Jeans, shirt and Jacket at a very minimum. Owning a meeting room is never a problem when the others are wearing Sports Direct Shoite.

Nothing says ‘I got this’ like Lonsdale or Slazenger.

3 Likes