Supplements/Protein

Chocolate milkshake for recovery. Perfect blend of carbs and protein.

3 Likes

Years ago I really got into mint choc chip from my protein but their prices have really shot up

Postage is Ā£4 unless you spend more than Ā£50 (I think) hence the Ā£40 after the discount.

1 Like

I like PHD diet whey, usually get a 2kg bag for about Ā£40 and have one per day

1 Like

Seriously, just chocolate milk

1 Like

:+1:

Is it any cheaper though? For me, the number one factor is convenience. I can buy some sort of chocolate powder i guess; but is that any better than just having a glass of milk? Being able to take it with water is a bonus, as weā€™re always blimmin low on food in this house, due to our inability to keep on top of of our food shopping!!! :roll_eyes: :rofl:

Nesquick probably isnā€™t far off. The chocolate element adds the sugar = carbs part. The milk is the fat and protein.

4 Likes

Mine arrived while I was at the gym lunchtime. Iā€™m off to try one now, I went for the strawberry; havenā€™t bought any for years but used to find the chocolate flavour a bit claggy.
ETA - Made it with half water, half skimmed milk. Not much flavour, smells more of strawberry than it tastes but not unpleasant and mixed up easily.

Yeah nesquick, and semi skimmed milk. Full fat milk I think has too much fat and slows the absorption.

I like the Tesco ready made chocolate milk in cartons as well

Iā€™m just ā€œusingā€ semi skimmed milk.

Meh. Lifeā€™s too short to miss out on full fat :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Not informed sport batch tested, dopersā€¦

1 Like

Theyā€™ll have scraped right through the bottom of the barrel if they decide to test me :rofl:

4 Likes

If anyone is still pondering on this Bodybuilding Warehouse just sent me a code for 30% off own brand products this weekend, PAY30

2 Likes

Saw this on Twitter, more details in a blog here:

Sounds like those zeros I pop in my sports bottle are probably a waste of money

4 Likes

Shouldā€™ve posted that this morning. I just bought an 8 pack of them! :joy:

6 Likes

I only on race simulations, race days and really hot days, use the zero tabs. So usually well over 4hrs.

Despite there never having been evidence everyone I speak to about race day nutrition takes electrolytes ā€œbecause it stops them crampingā€. Itā€™s not always worth debating it with them.

I also use them sometimes when I have a hang over. No idea if it helps. :laughing:

1 Like

And the tablets are sodium citrate, so no chloride either.

But at least theres some evidence and rationale for sodium replacement in prolonged hot exercise. Itā€™s the love of magnesium and few other supps that frustrates me more. Pillar Performance are huge here in South Aus, and starting to spread to Europe/USA.

1 Like

He works for Maurten I think, they donā€™t put electrolytes into their products.

1 Like

Ah interesting. This is the problem with sports supplements, there is no independent research.