That Peloton Ad

Slightly, she gets really brand loyal to things that she likes. (As do I, Canon Cameras, Apple, Ted Baker for example.)

But it’s never anything that looks flashy. Or indeed looks to me like it’s worth the money. So I stay out of it.

Picking the right battles is the secret of our longevity.

4 Likes

I try to be brand loyal, but then they do stuff to make their products less desirable…

Subaru - getting really boring
Bosch - quality slipping
Nike - getting too al la mode
Sony - more quality slippage
Scarpa - don’t really have the demand for so many boots any more

What I really need is for Lexus to make a 4wd petrol estate car with ~300bhp and no CVT :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, I used to be all over Nike and Sony. But Sony are now basically buying stuff in from contract manufacturers and Nike is now too fashion led for me.

1 Like

I don’t know that I’m brand loyal, I tend to like one thing and stick with it though, even when better things have come along. (saddles etc and pedals etc).

I’m trying to support British brands at the moment with running and cycling clothes, it gets pretty hard.
I’ve been impressed with my P3 and would look another one of those but I have 4 bikes and four different brands.

Nothing wrong with brand loyalty IMO but blind brand loyalty without the willingness to look around gets limiting.

4 Likes

Woah there, I thought you were all about Saville Row and dressing smart? :smirk:

4 Likes

Still have my top-of-the-range DVD player from year 2000. It’s like it’s been machined from aerospace grade materials; lovely. Even CDs sounded great on it with my old Mission speakers back in the day.

2 Likes

Nice off the peg blazers.

Also I was being Facetious about Huntsman Tailors; I have only ever had one made to measure, but I have had it copied several times when on travels in Thailand and HK.

2 Likes

What would you recommend if I need something reliable and well made to extract particles from, say a floor surface for example, using forced air?

2 Likes

yep…

but this is what happens when you create a fad…

I am not touching that subject with a bargepole.

1 Like

Got to say, a few people at work have the bikes and everyone raves about them.

Not sure how they’d sit with a group like us, but I think they could be a great investment for your average fitness enthusiast.

Anything like this is good for people who need external motivation; much like Personal Trainers. Without this they would be on the sofa.

1 Like

Aren’t the power meters on the bikes themselves something silly like 10% accurate? That’s not really cutting the mustard is it!

Adidas. Used to love their Ultraboosts, now find they offer a lot less support or cushioning. Switched to Brooks

strong rumours that Peloton will be launching a rowing machine next year. be interesting to see what Concept make of that but having a big screen that can play videos could take some of the boredom out of long rows!!

2 Likes

I just can’t see them taking any market share out of C2. At the end of the day, most middle aged American women can jump on a spin bike.

Rowing is a different ball game.

1 Like

Zwift have been about to release rowing integration for years now. It’s either not easy, or not worth much. Either way, Peloton is a different beast, purely in the fitness game, not the racing/sport game. They are not after market share from C2, they are after a different market.

I tend to agree; rowing is another level of hurt. I am struggling to remember ever seeing a woman, or indeed that many men, using a rowing machine in a gym.

1 Like

Ugh my paincave looks more like a gym every year, if I had to put in a peloton I’d just sell the lot and go back to Virgin Active.

I know two guys from work who bought Peloton bikes “for the family” thinking that the work outs would make a difference but after 6 months the novelty has worn off and they have been sold on. A huge investment that can only work in doors and with power.

2 Likes