The 2020 weigh-in thread

Our daughter had a sleepover at the weekend, and she came home really hungry; apparently all she got was some Nutella on toast, and sprinkles between getting up and about 1.30pm. The mum is a nurse too!

That is truly grim

Diabetic’s dream.

I agree, it Sounds terrible.

Probably considered child abuse these days.

My whole childhood was child abuse by today’s standards. My dad’s childhood was worse.

But let’s never forget that things are much worse than they used to be, kids of today etc.:sweat_smile:

Crunchy Nut cornflakes for breakfast and dinner - I’m pretty much dead already.

1 Like

I am currently 70KG (178cm tall) and looking to drop to 68KG. Last year I dropped from 72KG to 70KG so going in the right direction.
The question/challenge I have is when I start drop the weight my wife can spot it a mile off as I start to look gaunt but my long distance fuelling solution is still there. Anyone else have this issue?

im 92.5kg at 6ft. Around 25lbs heavier than my last race :fearful:

Although it’s a few years since I lost any real weight I also got that look, e.g. seemed to lose it around the face first and people started mentioning it.

Despite what glossy Instagram post’s might suggest I’m fairly sure you can’t target fat loss and it’s where you body thinks it needs it less!

Jeff

This is me too. I’m ~75kg year round. 78. 2kg last time I looked but that’s about the heaviest I’ve ever been, and I assume (/hopefully) be back to normal next time I check. If I drop to 73.0 I quickly get the ill/gaunt comments, as seems I lose from face first. I’m 181cm so 73 isn’t that light either compared to others.

1 Like

Gurning during training, might that help?

1 Like

Met a few bent coppers and screws…

There not very popular.

Oh yeah. When I was in my mara build I got told I looked like mo farah on more than one occasion. A mate had the same (though he went from 85kg muscly fella to 67kg whippet! Went 2.42 though, so it worked! :joy:)

1 Like

94.8kg today, gonna be a long hard slog to get down to the 84kg I want to be!

1 Like

First weigh in of 2020. After excess eating and drinking over Christmas, I was expecting to be well over 77 kg, so very pleased to see 75.0kg.

On Jan 7th 2019 I weighed 78.2kg, and on Jan 6th 2017 I also weighed 78.2, so really pleased to be breaking the trend and starting 2020 in a great position

Fear not, “training for a Marathon can reduce your vascular age by 4 years”!

1 Like

Weigh-in number 2, now at 77.5kg, down 1.7, happy with that, though it’s probably due entirely to not carrying a few pints of beer in my system at all times between Dec 23 and Jan1

2 Likes

Did anyone watch the program on BBC last night with Giles Coren?
He spent a week with some calorie restrictors, paleo & fuitarian(?) advocates with a view to extending life expectancy. It was fairly light touch and quite predictable (unhealthy looking oddballs, whooping cross fitters & delusional millennials respectively). The takeaway was ultimately moderation is the best bet and all the extremes have downsides but I found it interesting all the same.

1 Like

Everything in moderation.

Both the Calorie Restrictors appeared to have rickets.

1 Like

Yeah, and what was the deal with the woman’s specs?