The 5w/kg thread

Thanks for that. A lot to come for you on the bike once you start upgrading gear… try timetriallingforum for gear/bikes for sale. I got my trek on there…

Also got my previous TT bike there and 2 sets of wheels

Yep and most people (I think yourself included if I remember?) read the advice and think they’re doing it right, but generally I like to be a lot more aggressive and keep that elbow closer to the surface. I will note that others claim that you should go deeper in order to catch stiller water instead of currents, but I only like that idea for a small selection of pure pool sprinters (50-100m).

1 Like

4.84W/kg

7 Likes

Getting closes. On my ride yesterday managed a 20min average of 330w. Currently at 69kg - 4.78w/kg

@jaylen84 great job, its going to be a fun race to see who gets to 5 first :grinning:

4 Likes

I’m just pleased to see Edge 500s are still going strong

3 Likes

I still use a 705…

1 Like

You’re on! #motivation

1 Like

Rather than taking a 20min power and calculating W/kg, maybe this should be - “how long can you sustain 5W/kg”. At my current weight that would be about 3min for me!

3 Likes

Christ I’m currently 78kgs - I’m not holding 390 watts for long :hot_face:

4? Mins…
If that… !

Ramp test MAP was 5w/kg so er, 1 minute? :laughing:

Getting close now. 4.8w/kg Zwift time trial for over 23mins

6 Likes

My latest stats from Zwiftpower:

20min 4.8w/kg
5min: 5.1w/kg
1min: 6w/kg

3 Likes

20min: 4.7w/kg
5min: 4.9w/kg - From the same 20 minute test, wattbike.
1min: 6.4w/kg - Outdoor 1 minute hill sprint.

20 min test was around 2-3 weeks ago. Not done anything above Z2 since, and doubt I will do much over coming months just ticking over. 5W will be there as a stretch goal next year for me though.

3 Likes

It’s creaping up, now at 4.9w/kg for 20 mins

3 Likes

You test often! I’ll have a go next week I think. Good progress!

I just find “riding” on Zwift so mind numbingly dull, but love racing on Zwift, so I am racing on a daily basis, often 2 races a day. My riding fitness is just going through the roof.

Zwiftpower shows me my statistics, so I am just reporting my 20min w/kg as I see it on ZP

1 Like

If you do get an IM this year Matt you should fly round the bike, assuming you get out of the water alive :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I wonder whether if you did a stand-alone 20minute test whether you’d get the same results?