The alternative rant thread - I LOVE

that was our plan too and in similar timeframes, but increasing levels of flexibility at work are making it (perhaps) possible sooner.

3 Likes

We spent a year living in a flat on the Esplanade in Fowey in Cornwall with direct views over the estuary mouth. It was amazing seeing boats go up and down and all the river life, would do it again. However you are a long way from the rest of the world down there.

9 Likes

@magnacarter @Whisk

Great spot if you like cycling, sea kayaking, and dislike people :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If they throw in the ride-on mower I’m there!

4 Likes

What a view from the hot tub!

“Remote” doesn’t quite seen to cut it

3 Likes

That’s why you’re smart enough to work in the city. I didn’t negotiate that and cutting the grass takes a good couple of hours each time. I need one of those BIG mowers that FP linked to in Oz!

1 Like

That’s really lovely, though I bet it could be a touch bleak in the winter? Very nice though :clap:

They are trying to sell retirement flats in a building that looks a lot like a prison for a similar amount down here

1 Like

:joy::rofl::joy:

Love it :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

Also. Torridon property…that’ll go for £750k, cos Scotland innit :+1:t3:
Different property rules and market (better, IMO)

4 Likes

In practice, it’s not that different to the English system. We’ve always paid considerably lower than the offers over price so it’s no guarantee. Market forces apply to both systems.

2 Likes

I didn’t love being sick or having a busted hamstring but having some enforced rest and a couple of days off has so far meant.

Lie in.
Ride on moto.
Sat on sofa watching tv

:grin:

8 Likes

How are you feeling FP?

Much better today thanks. I haven’t been sick since Monday night but it really drained me and I feel ‘scooped out’. More spritely relatively today though and am trying a very easy 6km in the morning with my mate.

My god I don’t want to go through that again, whatever it was. 2kgs down though, so silver linings and all that. :smile:

7 Likes

The crew are back again this morning

13 Likes

After this mornings parkrun and a late breakfast I got the kayak out for a little splash in the sea. What a superb summer we’re having (at least down south where it’s rained once in about two months).

Photo (warning: trotters)

(I guess this could/should have gone in the kayak/canoe thread). Doh!

12 Likes

LO and Mrs FP are in church and shopping all morning. I’m ‘resting my hamstring’ :grin:

8 Likes

Is that a euphemism?

4 Likes

Well it was a euphemism for sitting on the sofa but I’ve dragged myself out for a 6km walk

5 Likes

13 Likes

The descent off ‘The Hill’ from Wheathamstead, part of the club duathlon route has been resurfaced.

The surface was shockingly bad and it’s through trees so really hard to see where the holes are amongst the dappled shade. It’s an easy 20 seconds faster now.

2 Likes

Didn’t really know where else to put it. It’s the reference to “cheshire NIMBY’s” that made me chuckle.

2 Likes